Full Manual control of scan options

vipersan

Hi friends..

Im using the latest DVBViewer pro with an S2-3200 pci card and have scanned most of the channels I have access to on my usals dish...

..Im now interested in scanning for S and S2 feeds on some of the more obscure sats ..

However it seems I dont have full control of search parameters ...

On the channel scan menu I can enter transponder freq (selecting none for sat data)...and I can set the symbol rate to search...

..but there doesn't appear to be any way to manually set S or S2 or to set the FEC ...

Is there a way around this ...or have I missed something ?

rgds

VS

the pro is not for feedhunting. It's for watching TV. Try transedit, there you have more control.

Thanks for the quick reply Lars ..

I would have prefered to perform both tasks with dvbV as its such a pleasure to use ...and works well with Vista...

I was trying to avoid cluttering my newly built media centre pc with too many applications....as I usually do with my main pc :) ...

but at least I know it isn't possible now ...so I wont waste any more time trying ..

rgds

TransEdit is just a 446 kb DVBViewer add-on resp. scanner tool. Read this.

However, it doesn't support USALS yet.

Much appreciated Griga ...very useful info

Usals control wont be a problem ...as my media pc doesn't drive the dish directly..

I use a loop through from another receiver to the MPC ..

I deliberately chose this arrangement as I'd read the S2-3200 doesn't support usals ...and the current drawn through the card to drive the motor would likely result in damage..

rgds

@Griga

I've downloaded Transedit ....and it does exactly what I need it to do ...but after scanning ..I cannot export the channels collected to DVBViewer ...

An error is returned that ' DVBviewerpro GE not detected' ...

Is Transedit incompatible with DVBViewer pro 3.8.0.0 ?

Thanks for any help offered..

rgds

TransEdit.exe must be stored in the DVBViewer program directoy (where DVBViewer.exe is located).

Doh ...

Silly me I hadn't thought of that :)

Nevertheless ...I'll take this opportunity to congratulate both you and Lars for a superb and very useful application..

rgds

VS