Sometimes reboots on close

Paul Newman

Occasionally, when I shut down DVBViewer, my PC reboots instantly (no BSOD). I would guess it happens about one time in 20. I also use the recording service (DVBVService.exe), in case that is relevant.

I use Windows XP pro (SP2) on an AMD Athlon XP 3200, with 1.5GB RAM. Mainboard is PCChips M848A. Graphics card is NVidia GeForce FX 5700LE, with driver version 162.18 (downloaded yesterday). I was using an older NVidia driver (about 6 months old), I updated it but it made no difference. I use a Freecom USB DVB-T receiver, with the latest driver (version 2.0.1.8, date 04/04/2006).

Attached is support.zip. Note that the EAccessViolation shown in DVBViewer.log was much earlier, and is not related to this crash. Also attached is a crash dump file, and the text of the analysis of it from WinDbg. It seems to suggest an unhandled exception in ks.sys (method: KsStreamPointerAdvance).

I suspect this may be a BDA driver problem, rather than DVBViewer itself, but I post it here in case anyone recognises the problem. However, it never happened on version 3.6, but started on upgrade to 3.8.0.0, which tends to accuse DVBViewer.

Mini093007_01.zip

support.zip