Computer hang with DVB Viewer and EPIA Motherboard (Solved)

aekstrom

Hi There,

I do not know if this is related to DVBViewer and/or just the MPEG decoder. I have seen more posts on this issue, few in English but more in German. I dont speak any German so I dont know if they have come to the same conclution?? :jawdrop:

I have a EPIA M10000 as fronend for a dvbserver connected to my TV.

I Use Windows XP with all latest patches, newest drivers and Direct X.

I have also installed Power DVD with DVBViewer 3.8

Scanning channels work fine but as soon as I tune one in to watch the computer instantly hangs.

It looks like there's a problem with the hardware decoder using video render overlay function on the ITX motherboard.

If I set the video render to VMR7 or 9 the CPU will go 100% and the picture will be distorted but the computer does not really hang but will work very slow.(I dont think the EPIA M10000 has enought power for VMR?)

Then I right click the picture, View/Filters and choose Cyberlink Video Decoder. In the new window I uncheck the radio button "Use Hardware Accelerator" and click OK. Then go to Option/direct X and change the video render back to Overlay. Now I can see the picture run smooth and everything works fine. (I dont know any other way to access the decoder settings but this?)

Hopefully this will help others. :)

Best Regards

/Andreas

Your problem is not related to the problems in the german part. The problem was (pre 3.8) an illegal cpu instruction which the via cpu did not support, although it said it does. This is fixed now.

Your problems are more likely related to graphics card/ driver issues...