What have I done/not done?

interalia

Hi

I have been using DVBViewer pro with a Skystar2 for about 18 months. I have now had to build new PC using some bits out of my old PC including the a the skystar2, a Radeon 9600 AGP card and PSU etc.etc. ) but it is now based on a different motherboard and has an AMD 64X2 and I have gone from XP PRO SP1 to XP PRO 2. The PC is working fine but I can't get DVBViewer pro to work fully.

When I ran DVBViewer 3.8 for the first time (after running the wizard) I was initially getting an error message MSVCR71.DLL missing so I found one of those on my old hard disk.

After a scan, I now get sound, and program info but get an error message "Cannot render output media/pin error: 0x80040295 an... ration failed due to a certification failure" and a black screen.

I thought it was something to do with the video decoders but I don't know. I have NERO 7 premium loaded on the system and this seems to play DVD's ok.

PS: The Skystar2 bundled software DVBviewerTE lite thing also gives a black screen but no error message.

Thanks.

Neil, UK

forget nero. they can burn cd/dvd very good but the decoders are well politely stated a big pile of pooh. Get something real like cyberlink or sonic (on your install disc of the ss2).