Aspect ratio: to fill 4:3 monitor?

avoidz

Hi,

Some DVB-T channels I receive have TV shows originally transmitted in 4:3 format, and are displayed in a reduced image box with borders top, bottom, and sides in DVBViewer.

I've been searching through the display options and forum posts, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the image to fill the screen (without the borders) just for those particular shows.

I'm using the Overlay Mixer with Cyberlink Decoder if that helps :P

Cheers!

..it depends whether the black bars are part of the picture (e.g. letterbox). For those cases you have to use the zoom. Otherwise check aspect ratio -> none

Thanks. Yeah, the transmission details say 16:9, so I guess the black bars are part of the picture.

Only thing I'm thinking of is a similarity with my DVB-T box installed on my lounge CRT TV. It has display options to expand a 16:9 the image to fill the 4:3 screen (which results in some cut-off images in normal wide transmissions, but shows like The Simpsons look nicer filling the screen :P

(The show is Cracker, 1995, btw.)