scanning problems dvbviewer 3.8

mastercare

hi

just puchased the new DVBViewer 3.8 and overall very pleased with it..

but my problem is scanning certain transponders eg 16e no digitalb chs

today i tried 1 west thor no bbc world and digitv ..ive updated the transponder list off joshys sat site still the same...

im using a skystar 2 card ver 2.3 pci on the same pc if i use dvbdream all channels scan in no problem with good signal so i know its nothing to do with that...

i can add that on astra 19.2 and astra2 28.2 all seems fine..has anyone had this issue and if so is there a fix...

thankyou

mastercare

Edited by mastercare

thanks zaxon

tried 3.9 seems to find more chs at least im getting bbc world on thor now...but still no digi network...must be a bug in DVBViewer...never used it b4...

but thanks for your reply...

mastercare

think i can see one of my problems with the scanning...digi tv thor 1 west.. is on 12608 H the end freq on scan is 12476 27800 V

but if i change the end freq it still only scans to 12476...so im still confused ...

any help please im missing something here

mastercare

im using a skystar 2 card ver 2.3 pci

This card is your problem. All the channels in question are scrambled and this card doesn't have a CI. But even if it had, the rates on these transponders are too high for the SS2 to handle the entire multiplex. If you find FTA, you have to uncheck "open whole transponder" in the hardware settings :)

thanks guys for your input..i solved the problem using transedit seems that the higher freqs were not being scanned anyway i added all digi tv freqs fec plarity sybol rate etc and bingo it found the lot..i have an official card a friend got me but as the ss2 does not have a ci module i use a phoenix crystal controlled programer, once again thanks problems solved...

think i may have to invest in a skystar hd card soon if DVBViewer works with it..

cheers

mastercare

yes thanks Derrick

it was only by searching on google i found about transedit seems a nice bit software...then i found it here on the site.but at the time i did not know the name of it...yes its strange that the scan stops around 12456 as most apps i have used all go much higher...so far so good ive just upgraded to 3.9 funny enough this one did find bbc world ok...think it may have slight more delay on scan not sure..but sofar so good...thanks to all the developers hard work...im glad i invested in it...

cheers

mastercare