Selectable DVB card at tuning stage

Benarty

Now that I have two DVB cards where only one is getting a sat signal at this moment:

What is really miss in the channel scan is the ability to select which DVB card is used to tune.

My first DVB card is marked as 1, the second as 2 and the channel scan is always using the 1 to do

the scanning, but, in my case, this card is not getting a sat signal at this moment.

So scan fails. And funy enough, the 2nd is set to preffered, the 1st as normal in the hardware setup.

But : why not just a selectabe tuner field in the scannel scan options so that the user can select which card

is used to tune.

this card is not getting a sat signal at this moment. So scan fails.

Go to Options -> Hardware and set the state of this card to "Do not use".

Card 2 (preferred) is occupied by playback. DVBViewer tries to perform scanning without interrupting playback, so it uses card 1. If there is only one card available (after having set card 1 to "do not use"), the scanner will grab card 2 and stop playback.

A more sophisticated way to select a particular device for scanning is to use the (channel) group setting in the scanner window. E.g. if you set it to group C, the scanner will only use a device which is allowed to handle group C (again see Options -> Hardware), and all the scan results will be assigned to group C.