Recording alternative audio with epg >pvr

vipersan

Hi friends ..

Im using DVBV 3.8 and want to pre-book a program using the epg ..but select the secondary (english) audio track for recording..

Is it possible to open the epg window ... highlight a program listed in epg and send to pvr with the alternative audio track..

I guess I can manually set up the timer and point at the sub channel listed as (eng) but not so convenient as using the epg

hope this makes sense..

rgds

Thanks for the reply Dadag...

selecting 'record all audio tracks ' wasn't really an option when recording HD to TS...

There was a an easy solution though ...it was staring me in the face ..

- Highlight required program to record in epg (with unwanted audio stream) and send to pvr

- Open Timer Recordings manually ...

- click the previously saved to pvr program ...(this enters all relevant timer data into the various fields)

- with channel list open ...double click the required 'sub channel ' with required audio..

(this creates a clone of the previous pvr timer setting) but with a different channel name (ie english audio)

Now I have 2 events stored ..one with unwanted audio ...and one with wanted audio stream ..

- untick the unwanted event...

It would have been easier if I could have simply edited the channel name in the pvr stored event ..but DVBViewer wouldn't allow it ...

Or I could have taken the laborious route and entered all data manually..

My solution is a quick route to a compromise..

rgds

Hello !

Much easier.

Make a Programm List Entry

Radio Veronica AC3

another one

Radio Veronica MP2 Stereo

and

another one

Radio Veronica MP2 Mono

Now you can choose which one (or all) shall be seen in EPG and now you can easily selkect the one to Record.

Thtas how it has been done with TV Channels, why not do the same with Radio channles?

Why not TS with all audio channels (plus teletext and dvb_subtitles) by default? In particular when recording HDTV the additional amount of data is peanuts compared to the video stream..

Why not TS with all audio channels (plus teletext and dvb_subtitles) by default? In particular when recording HDTV the additional amount of data is peanuts compared to the video stream..

Hi Derrick ...

I had no problems in principle recording all audio channels...

It just didn't work ..

I ticked the relevant 'option'

....but only the primary audio track ie- German was actually captured ..

maybe its something I did wrong ...but the 2ndry audio channel simply wasn't available on playback..

I'll try it again tho' just to confirm ..

rgds

Edited by vipersan

..if you are referring to premiere hd, all audio channels should be present in the recording. If not, one could think that you're not using a proper CI_module.

..if you are referring to premiere hd, all audio channels should be present in the recording. If not, one could think that you're not using a proper CI_module.

Hi Derrick....

I am using a genuine module with add on adapter that came with my s2-3200...

also ...I have since my last post I tried again to make a recording and this time I did indeed get both audio tracks ..

I guess I messed up the first time around.

The only thing I can think of is that possibly the english audio wasn't present at that time..

..or maybe I should have re-started dvbv after ticking the 'all audio tracks' option..

cheers

VS