Technisat Skystar HD remote

Hi all,

I have a Skystar HD card which is exactly the same with Techotrend S2-3200.

I am trying to use the ttremote plugin with DVBViewer, but I can not make it work.

I'm using the drivers issued by Technisat on XP system.

On Vista, I'm using the Technotrend drivers with the same card (it is exactly the same so the BDA drivers are working fine) and the plugin works fine.

But on Vista there are problems with Hardware Acceleration of HD channels, this is why I want to use XP.

I have tried to use the TTUSBIR.dll file (which is used by Technisat native viewer) but DVBViewer does not recognize it. I also renamed it to ttremote.dll but it did not help.

Any help on this by the programmers?

Should I use Techotrend drivers also on XP? will the Hardware acceleration still work with those (techotrend's that is)

Thank you in advance,

Nikos

Edited by nikosk

hi,

i had the same problem yesterday. i own a tt 3200 and cant get my ttremote to work. click start->programs->DVBViewer pro-> modify dvbviwer pro. follow the wizard and make sure to check "download from web". enable technotrend hardware support and the ttremote plugin.

start DVBViewer, click options inputplugins, check ttremote, click on preferences and select your remote control. at least you have to learn your remote under the input tab. i hope the naming ist the same, of cause i am using the german language :-)

for me it works fine.

best regards

butter

Edited by butter
hi,

i had the same problem yesterday. i own a tt 3200 and cant get my ttremote to work. click start->programs->DVBViewer pro-> modify dvbviwer pro. follow the wizard and make sure to check "download from web". enable technotrend hardware support and the ttremote plugin.

start DVBViewer, click options inputplugins, check ttremote, click on preferences and select your remote control. at least you have to learn your remote under the input tab. i hope the naming ist the same, of cause i am using the german language :-)

for me it works fine.

best regards

butter

Thanks for the answer butter!

unfortunately, I had the ttremote plugin installed. The problem I have is that under options->inputplugins-> activate ttremote -> click on preferences, there in no hardware found at all!!!! This is why I can not use the remote.

I suspect, that the reason of the plug in not finding the hardware is because it was designed for Technotrend and not fot Technisat. The Technisat appears as SkystarHD under the device manager and not as TT s2-3200...

Maybe it is as simple as changing a string value on that dll to make it recognize the SkystarHD hardware.!!!!

Thanks again for your help!

ah ok. maybe you can try to download the tt driver from the homepage, but i am not sure, if that will work. if you find a solution, please let me know.

btw: i can select "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner" in my dialog.

/butter

Edited by butter
ah ok. maybe you can try to download the tt driver from the homepage, but i am not sure, if that will work. if you find a solution, please let me know.

btw: i can select "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner" in my dialog.

/butter

Hi Again!

I thought I give it a try, and did what you told me. I selected the Techotrend hardware device support and download from the web.

And hey, it works!

Maybe they should put this in the changelog, because in version 3.8.0 technotrend hardware was supported by default!

Thank you so much for your help!

Nikos, Athens