Hauppauge HVR4000 on AMD

Robotnz1000

Hi Guy's

I just paid and DL the pro, then tick all options and DL all - then on loading I get install error as attached - 'cpu is not supported'. Then after close that window get successful instal windows attached.

CPU is old AMD Skt 462 running at 1833mhz on Asus Asus A7V333-X motherboard with 384megs of ram.

I previously loaded the new Cyberlink PowerCinema SW, but with dish already on a known good alignment to D1 (60% strength and quality as tested via a skystar 1 CI + spectrum analyser) the power cinema sat search could find nothing.

My dish is a 900mm offset on motor but as its presently aligned on D1 I am just doing a simple scan. LNB is MTI Low Noise 10750 L.O. KU Band LNB[LNB107KUHQ]

So I searched to a HVR4000 review (below) and learned of DVBViewer and here I am!

Please see my attchments and advise.

cheers Ken :-)

http://www.tech.co.uk/computing/upgrades-a...e-wintv-hvr4000

post-44690-1192178686_thumb.jpg

post-44690-1192178709_thumb.jpg

post-44690-1192178729_thumb.jpg

Well did you do the obvious first and did install it without any additionally downloads? There is only one component which can give such a message the runtime libs for the KNC.

So tell us exactly what you do try to install.

Hi, I ticked every box on options and dl and installed all :-(

And you did this because? I think a little bit of common sense and reading can we exspect from a user, can't we?

From the setup:

If you are unsure what you need take a look at the DVBViewer forum

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum.

Please download only neccessary things!

And for each download item is a explanation. ;)

And you did this because? I think a little bit of common sense and reading can we exspect from a user, can't we?

From the setup:

And for each download item is a explanation. ;)

OK. I start again! The HVR4000 cannot find a sat signal... so is back for RMA. (BTW the new Cyberlink Power Cinema - like media centre - is impossible as has no place for advance setting, LNB type etc. All is automated with no input available - and still cannot find channel.)

I am back with tecnisat Skystar 1 CI, the technisat software and card is working fine. I remove all DVBPro, restart and download new pro, with no extras at all. I load pro - why can the pro not find my technisat card? I do some reading of the guide - then try to find the setup.ini file to see if card is assigned - and there is no setup.ini file in the DVBViewer file? I search my computer for setup.ini - and find none related to DVBViewer why? How do I set the DVBViewer to use my skystar 1 CI - please?

Also - How do I get channel list for New Zealand - i.e. D1 (Not now B1), C1, B3, and load it to DVDBPro? On Channel scan 'current device' is blank.

I am reading but as I see all is having to be setup manually here.

cheers Ken

Hi All

Hey, I see no replies to my hours of dilema from moderators or anybody!! HEY - don't worry - KEEP MY MONEY!!

I spent $220 NZ$ for the Hauppauge HVR4000 - - - so $30 for the DVBViewer is OK - even though it doesn't run my card!!

OH - I believe it could - good design - tidy interface - good options - but all to no avail, as no pic - So how to set it up???? I tried all. :-(

LOOK - My Theatre works!!! Even for a person like me with average PC skills can get my brain around it WITHOUT READING AT ALL OR VERIFY any STEP OF MANUAL - - - - - - it doesn't even need one!!!!!!!

So - lesson to all - even if you do pay for software - you must limit the time you spend with it! Users are not programmers - it is not realistic for us to know why the programme doesn't work! It is just for us to put in all our known settings and then SCAN. If the programme still cannot find your LNB / Sat / Channels / etc, then dump it - do a safe mode start and search for anything related; and dump that too; and move on.

Life is too short to spend time to sort programmes that other people have written and which do not readily work!

Programmers that moan about piracy would do better to stretch their software further - so that it works.

I paid my hard earned dollars for DVBViewer - yet I am forced to use My Theatre - 'mentally' I can switch the DVBViewer Payment to the stolen My Theatre - but thems the breaks - - - - - and life goes on - - - otherwise how can I pay for two programmes when only one is worlking for me!!!

Life can suck at times and PC sat systems can suck the hell out of you.

cheers - signed by paying & registered DVB 'non' Viewer :-) Ken NZ

Edited by Robotnz1000

Firstly - stop complaining since it's not a real great way to get free help.

Note that most of this answer is not DBVViewer specific

The HVR4000 is not certified for NZ/Freeview though with tweaking Hauppauge say it will work. (they also ALMOST certify it for DBV-T HD from Marck 2008)

Secondly, I have the same card in New Zealand with no Problems at all. It should work with most Sky Sat dishes without alteration.

Powercinema does not work because the LNB settings cannot be manually configured and it assumes you have a standard european dish. (I have an open ticket with intervideo now for 3 months or more).

You can download wintv from hauppauge - along with the latest drivers (which includes the optus D1 SAT) for free

With WInTV (and most other Digital TV apps) You can get freeview (TV1, TV2, TV3, Stratos, TV6, TVNZ Sport, Maori Tv) as well as some Free to air Aussie channels (SCTV etc) and radio using this card. I had to manually scan the frequencies in most tools.

See the following :-

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/optusd1.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/optusd1.html

Here are my settings, but yours may vary depending on your LNB.

LNB:

lo osc. 10750000

hi osc. 11250000

switch: 0

powered.

TV3 and C4

freq: 12456000

s/rate: 22500

Linear_Horizonal

TVNZ

freq: 12483000

s/rate: 22500

Linear_horizonal

SCTV australia

freq: 12637000

s/rate: 5100

Linear_Vertical

So there you go. - Dude, I feel your frustration but just chill and you'll get all the help you need.

Just remember to take the time and help someone else later on.

Let me know if I helped.

Dabade

Edited by dabade

Hi,

Thanks, OK sorry for expressing frustration :-(

I think if you buy hardware (and software) it should readily work.

I was really peeved the DVBViewer software didn't seem to want to work. But I am learning its not so easy to setup some of these sat cards. Obviously the software writers are not going to tell you their software is hard work to setup with certain cards!

I didn't realise the Hauppauge HVR4000 was not certified for NZ/Freeview; otherwise I certainly wouldn't have bought it. I'm having little success with the singapore support office - do they ever answer - where UK support sent me. Is the 'not-certifed' due to the included Power Cinema having no lnb setup?

After spending some long time with power Cinema I received a forum answer to ditch it. Then I bought DVBViewer, which I could find no channels on after repetitive setup, checking and scanning. I then moved on to My Theatre which I found great - it must have better support for the card as it just worked without the hassle of the others. Basically it seems to me one should try software relatively briefly, have a few goes at changing the scanning/lnb setups and then chuck it if it cannot find channels - this should be taken to mean the card is not supported??

This all takes a very long time - especially if cracks are needed to get stolen software running - all which one shouldn't have to resort to after buying hardware!

Thanks for the intervideo, I didn't know intervideo were the PowerCinema owners. I got my direction from a forum. I guess I have the option to go to intervideo but there is no point if there are plenty of HVR4000 users pushing them for assistance and all the present problems are known - and they're working on the software.

I tried Win-TV, rough & cheap looking interface as I recall - I was very surprised this Hauppauge software looked '0-0' like junk with its crap GUI!!

I think I will stick with My Theatre on my HVR4000 (its on a Shuttle build now - rather have my SS1 CI on my hack PC) until they get the Power Cinema re-written to support NZ freeview.

My Skystar card has been a million times easier to setup, just install and run the software and you're done. Hauppauge need a bullet - give me Technisat anyday! OH DVBViewer needs a bullet too - though I'm sure if you spend long enough with its setup it may work - or so I am told - that is not the job of the user though in my view.

Thanks again. I'm sure My Theatre will work for you too, better GUI than Win-TV, though I can't recommend you steal the program and crack it :-(

best regards Ken

Edited by Robotnz1000