Lots of parameters "lost" !?

matthy

Hello,

Two weeks ago, a weird bug appeared on my 3.8 DVBViewer: it always started on the same channel (Eurosport), no matter which one was used when i closed it. I didn't really mind...

But since yesterday, things have gone worse. DVBViewer started with ZERO configuration: no channel list, no good window size/position, english language (i always used french), etc. When i reentered parameters, DVB-S worked: i reloaded my channel list, etc.

But... When i close and restart the program, while some data is kept (channel list, plugins config), some is still missing: DVBViewer window is always ultra small, and it starts on NO channel, i have to go in channel list to launch one (and therefore activate my DVB-S card + CAM, which takes a few seconds).

So, i installed 3.9: nothing went better. And another problem appeared: i can't do any new channel scan ! I can select my transponder list etc but in the "Active DVB card" field on the bottom, there is NOTHING, so the scan doesn't want to start ! This may be extremely annoying in a few days, since my satellite (Canal+) often changes his channels frequencies...

I checked in Application Data/DVB... etc, and setup.xml is here, updated etc. But i see no mention to "last channel used", "window size", "default dvb card to scan with" etc. Looks like these parameters are forgotten...!?

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance :)

Matthieu

Edited by matthy

May i up, please ? I can't fix the problem and it's really annoying in the daily use of DVBViewer.

If you can't download my zip, please tell me, i'll put it somewhere else.

Thanks !

First remove all plugins witch you get from other sources than this board or the Members Section.

Than there is still tho old version from the DVBViewer Rec.Service. The setup should have removed it.

And try to change the things in the usermode.ini back to

[Mode]
UserMode=2
Root=CMUV\DVBViewer

May be the space is a problem.

First remove all plugins witch you get from other sources than this board or the Members Section.

I think i only use plugins from members section since i don't know where i could find other ones :blush:

Than there is still tho old version from the DVBViewer Rec.Service. The setup should have removed it.

How do i remove that ? I don't see it in Windows services :wacko:

And tray to change the things in the usermode.ini back to

[Mode]
UserMode=2
Root=CMUV\DVBViewer

May be the space is a problem.

I tried, and it removes my channel list (not a big problem) but doesn't resolve the "lost config when exit/restart" bug :blush:

Can you please tell me where infos like "window size/position" or "last channel used" should be stored ?

I'm really willing to resolve this issue because my sat provider (Canal+) has just changed some channel frequencies (and also added some) and since i can't rescan, i don't have them... ;)

Thanks !