DVBViewer process not ended during program shutdown

protek

I have version 3.9.0.0 at the moment but I experienced the following behavior with 3.8.0.0 also.

Sometimes, when I shut down the DVBViewer application (mostly, when I set the timer for recording), the process of the DVBViewer isn't stopped. This causes that I'm not able to start DVBViewer again if I don't reboot XP. The easiest way to see that the process is still running is to start DVBTaskScheduler that states that DVBViewer is still running. Other way is to restart DVBViewer, which it will not do. Also the process cannot be killed manually from the process window so I'm left with the option of rebooting Windows.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick and Windows XP SP2. I've tried to uninstall previous versions very thorougly prior to installing newer version. At first it appears to help but soon the process problems begin to appear.

Anyone else experiencing similar kind of behavior?

I tried renaming the plugins folder and it seems to work now. At least I couldn't repeat my problem with half a dozen sequential shutdowns and restarts of DVBViewer in different situations. Thanks once more! Is there some reason why the renaming of plugins folder enables the process to shut down properly?

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out that the plugins weren't the culprit after all. I still had the plugins folder renamed. I started DVBViewer from fresh boot, switched channel and switched over to EPG. I selected a program to be sent to PVR, checked from recording options that the format was still MPG and set from Timer menu that the PC would shut down after recording. I then closed DVBViewer and opened DVBTaskScheduler to set the task for Windows. Scheduler claimed that DVBViewer was still running and DVBViewer wouldn't start anymore. I had to reboot my PC and do everything all over again.