Different renderers for SD and HD

pastimer

I think it would be a good feature to be able to choose different renderers for SD and HD decoding.

Since the graph has to be rebuild anyway when switching between HD and SD, you might as well choose a different renderer.

This should cater for those situation where on a particular machine the optimal renderer for SD differs from the one for HD.

Regards, Eppo

This is the best request i've ever seen.

Hope (!) it is gonna taken as not pure request but a considerable advice.

Edited by ricabullah
  • 2 weeks later...

This would be an excellent feature. On my machine for example VMR9 works best for SD and Overlay for HD.. I was just searching the forums for a way to switch the renderer on a per-channel basis or something.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I posted the same question in the German discussion board as well. I'm very happy with the VMr9 regarding to SD (Live TV or DVD) where else I want to use the Overlay for HD. I use the ATI HD2600. Even with the reg Tweaks the SD quality is very unsatisfying. VMR9 is much more better. Did anybody here find a solution.

Regards,

Alex

• 1 month later...

Have to agree, adding another box for .264 renderer would be good measure until new renderer is developed...

Edited by Valts

First off all, thank you for all your effort and a very good program you created.

In addition to this thread,

I'd like to see two different renderers for audio too. I have two sound devices with digital outputs and wish to use one for handling AC3 through amp and another one connected to tv-set. Ability to bind channel to renderer will be fine improvement in this case.