VBV_Buffer: 224 KB

Profile: Main/Main

Progressive: Prog or Int

Chroma: 4:2:0

Audio Format: Layer 2

Audio Stream Id: xC0

Audio Bit Rate: 192 Kbps

Audio Sampling Rate: 48000 Hz

And the same properties as given by GSpot (see attachment).

So far, VideoReDo is the only program with which I can open & play video files recorded on my FTA Viewsat PVR 7000. I've tried BS Player Pro, Windows Media Player, Nero Vision, DIVX Player, K-Lite Codec Pack with Media Player Classic, VLC, Real Player, Quick Time. They all crash or no sound or lot of pixellization.

BTW, is it possible to download a "demo copy" of DVBViewer so that I may test it before buying it ?

With all my thanks from Canada !

post-45220-1192894017_thumb.jpg

BTW, is it possible to download a "demo copy" of DVBViewer so that I may test it before buying it ?

No but you can try if your card gets the channels and preview them with the TransEdit

After you see that the quality is better, you'll buy it :)

I don't understand your problem.

If you purchase and use DVBViewer you will be able to record files in .ts format that will be more or less exactly as the broadcast material. You will be able to play back with DVBViewer, like most of us here, and several of your other players. BTW DVBViewer is the best, in my experience.

I am assuming that you have a tuner card in your computer.

To view your PVR files, as a last resort, you can convert these to .ts (Transport Stream) using VideoRedo. However, I am surprised that VLC Player does not work. Have you tried renaming these files to .ts ? Perhaps the K-lite decoders have compromised any decent decoders that you may have. For a start, get rid of K-lite. If you don't have decent decoders get some. Dscaler are good and free. The best you have to purchase, either PureVideo or Cyberlink. You may also need to update and tweak your video card drivers and screen drivers to get a good picture. I am assuming that your system is good enough to view video.