Aspect ratio problem with VMR9

mitsu

This problem happens only with VMR9.

4/3 aspect ratio works correctly with all channels.

All aspect ratios work correctly with H.264 channels.

But with MPEG2 wide screen material is only shown with correct aspect

ratio when 4/3 aspect ratio is forced on. Picture can of course be zoomed in with zoom

feature but then OSD and subtitles are not shown (they are outside the shown

area).

I have ATI HD2600PRO and latest Cyberlink codecs. Anyway this happens with

all MPEG2 codecs I have (quite many).

This is probably not DVBViewer problem but is there any fix available?

Use an OSD skin with 720x576 resolution like the default skin.

Thank you, that solved the problem.

This is a small bug anyway. 720x576 OSD skin looks a little ugly in

wide screen.

Another thing. Subtitles are also zoomed with VMR9 when using zoom feature.

When "unchanged" renderer is selected subtitles are not zoomed which is

an extremely good feature. Would be so nice to have that with every renderer.

Dear developers. When you run out of work here you have some more

to do B)

This is due to the VMR bugs that GPU manufacturers introduce. In the DVBViewer options you will find a 'VMR Fix' setting. Uncheck it and you will see the GPU/driver bug if DXVA is enabled. If not, leave it disabled and everything should be fine.

If you enable 'VMR Fix' (to work around the VMR/DXVA problem in current GPU's) video is no longer independent from OSD. Depending on the OSD resolution/aspect ratio, video may be reformatted:

720 x 576 OSD-Skin (skin aspect ratio: 1.25)

vs.

1024 x 768 OSD-Skin (skin aspect ratio: 1.33)

-> click

Edited by CiNcH
There's no chance using an osd with high resolution & VMR9 & Nvidia VMR Fix ?

Actually I think it is caused by the skin aspect ratio but I have not done any observaten in this direction yet.

• 7 months later...

Hi

I'm having a problem which I think is similar to what is descibed here. For me, the OSD is not displayed correctly. By that I mean that the OSD extends beyond the size of the display meaning that I can't see the LHS portion of the OSD. Now, if I check the NVidia VMR fix tickbox, the OSD seems to display the correct size, but the problem I have then is that the mouse pointer is displayed when the channel is changed, and does not disappear again until the mouse pointer is moved. This is a pain as I use the program in fullscreen HTPC mode, and the PC (and mouse) is in a different room. To work around this, I've programmed a button on my remote to switch the program to/from windowed mode. The mouse pointer then disappears. This is hardly ideal though.

I discovered that if I untick the Nvidia VMR fix button, the mouse issue goes away, bt I'm stuck with the OSD issue. I've just installed the latest version of DVBViewer (3.9.4.0) hoping that this might have been addressed. Some of the fix descriptions gave me the impression that this OSD size thing was a known problem and had been addressed. However, if anything, the problem seems worse with this version than with the older version. I've tried using the newly added YUV mixing mode option, and that only makes the problem worse. i.e. the OSD options are so far off to the left that they aren't visible at all.

Also, the amount of OSD displayed seems to vary depending on the resolution of the current channel being displayed.

I guess what I want to know is if I have something configured incorrectly, or if this is some kind of program bug.

Are there some OSD options somewhere I can experiment with that will let me adjust the size/location of the OSD?

I'm thinking that what I might be able to do so that I can a) see all of the OSD, and :blink: get the mouse pointer to disappear after a channel change, is to add some vbscript into the channelchange.vbs script which hides the mouse pointer, and also use the VMR fix option. Hopefully the mouse is displayed before the script gets called, and not after.

As far as I'm aware, the only problem I have with the VMR fix option ticked is that the mouse pointer is displayed when it shouldn't be.

I don't know if it's significant or not, but I'm tuning into DVB-T H.264 channels (in NZ).

I'm using the VMR7 renderer to get around tearing issues I see when using the VMR9 renderer.

Using Cyberlink PDVD8 H.264 decoder, and MONOGRAM AAC audio decoder.

This combination seems to give me pretty reasonable viewing of the H.264 channels.

This is a great program and I'd love to be able to resolve these remaining niggling issues. Is it possible to add code into those scripts that can do system stuff like hide mouse pointers? I know a bit about programming, but not a lot about VB scripts and their capabilities.

Cheers.

Video Card: Nvidia 8800GT (Driver 175.16)

TV Card: Hauppauge HVR4000

PC: Asus A3A32 deluxe WiFi edition 4GB RAM, AMD 2.5GHz Quad Core 9850 Phenom

Actually, I've found another way around this problem. I've just tried enabling fast switching and also the Nvidia VMR fix. Now, the mouse pointer doesn't appear when channels are switched. Still might be worth someone looking why the mouse pointer appears when fast switching isn't enabled and Nvidia fix is enabled.