Version number on DVBV main page

aydan

Guest Oliver

That release number only refers to the demo version, but it is a bit misleading, though. Christian should optimize the whole layout of the homepage.

Bye, Oliver

Christian should optimize the whole layout of the homepage.

*Applause*

Many people do not understand the meaning of "10 Minute Demoversion" (or they just don't see it), and, when the DVBViewer terminates after 10 minutes, they think it has crashed - we had several postings complaining about that. Not what I'd call promotion...

Griga

• 2 weeks later...

:wacko: Thank you, that's what I thought when the demo version of DVBViewer crashed by itself, but on the other hand, what other features I'm going to get if I buy the full version instead of the one I have that came with my subscription

thank you

The full version of the DVBViewer provides a number of additional attractive features:

1. TimeShift for the delayed playback of a broadcast - no longer a problem being called during the most exciting part of a film.

2. PiP (Picture in Picture): Watching of a second television program be­ing transmitted in the same data stream.

3. Support of AC3 (Dolby Digital)

4. Optional fast channel switching

5. Extended and easier timer programming (daily, weekly)

5. Extended options for editing the channel list, comfortable resorting by drag and drop.

6. Creation of favourite lists on the desktop with station logos as icons.

7. Storable teletext

8. An extended EPG, which optionally shows the events running on differ­ent channels at any point in time and displays dates of reruns.

9. An attractive OSD (On Screen Display) for the operation via infrared keyboard or remote control.

10. Comfortable media playback with a playlist.

11. Free updates and assistance by the program author in case of problems.

12. DVD Playback

13. Playback of ASX files

14. The name and the number of the tuned channel are displayed in the status bar.

15. The SkyStar2 card is switched off after closing the DVBViewer for lower power consumption and heat emission.

16. The use of plugins... (Audio Recorder, GraphSelector...)

17. complete new and advanced recording engine with buffering

18. The use of different decoders.

19. ...

Bye, Oliver