DISEqC Problem in DVBViewer GE

ghostman.no

Hi,

I was wondring, I got Hauppaug HVR-4000 and trying to use DVBViewer GE and I can not scan any channels for DVB-S/S2. DVB-T is working fine. Some how it looks for me that there are no DISEqC, when i trie to edit a channel in the list the DISEqC options are grayout.

Is this a problem or is it only that the HVR-4000 is not supported by DVBViewer GE

I use Vista 32bit and Core 2 Duo.

Any one got a clue?

you can't edit DiseqC Options for DVB-T channels, obviously.

You should be able to set the correct DiseqC Options before scanning for channels. If you don't find any channels, then it's not very likely that tv will function. But HVR-4000 is supported by DVBViewer Pro/GE, I think DiseqC was, too, but I'm not absolutely sure about it.

when i trie to edit a channel in the list the DISEqC options are grayout.

DiSEqC can't be edited per channel, only per DVB network as a whole. Select a satellite root folder in the channellist window and click the properties tool button at the lower left.

In DVBViewer GE all channels within a DVB-S network (resp. root folder) must have the same DiSEqC setting. Or with other words: It is not possible to mix up channels from different satellite positions in one root folder. If you drag & drop a DVB-S channel from one root folder to another, it will automatically inherit the DiSEqC setting of its new home.

DiSEqC can't be edited per channel, only per DVB network as a whole. Select a satellite root folder in the channellist window and click the properties tool button at the lower left.

In DVBViewer GE all channels within a DVB-S network (resp. root folder) must have the same DiSEqC setting. Or with other words: It is not possible to mix up channels from different satellite positions in one root folder. If you drag & drop a DVB-S channel from one root folder to another, it will automatically inherit the DiSEqC setting of its new home.

Hi Griga,

It's working hurra :) , Thanks for the explanation that clearyfies why it was grayedout ;).

That was a bit lame of me to not catch that the root folder of the satellite holds the DiSEqC config.

So then I can confirm that my Hauppauge HVR-4000 is working with.

2 LNB, Astra 19.2E and HotBird 13E

and

DVB-S

DVB-S2; tested on Astra HDTV Promo Channel.

DVB-T ; No sound due to stupid HE-AAC from the Norwegian DVB-T Network. but that's old news I guess

Vista EVR is working but crapy picture with PowerDVD 6.x codec but looks like it is Accelerated with my Radeon 1950Pro

but I guess picture quality is more of a codec problem. Even in PowerDVD 7 it is not that great when playing TS files.

But DVBViewer GE is great looks like it is more stabel on my Vista system than DVBViewer Pro :)