DVBViewer Service in 3.9 not working.

DavidT

I have problem in new version like 3.8 and 3.9. I cant do DVBViewer Service working.

In old version (3.6.1.20) and old version of service, is everything working fine.

Then I install DVBVservice1.3.4 and new version like 3.8 and 3.9, every is look fine(icon in tray is light and dark, service in windows is enable), but not working.

There is no recording, there is no start the PC from hibernate.

Then I try to combinate use old version service then working fine and new version of DVBViewer 3.8 or 3.9, it is not working.

What Can I do to make service 1.3.4 working with new DVBViewer 3.9 ?

Sorry for my english :)

so the service stops when you start DVBViewer (icon turns gray) and it starts again, wehn you close DVBViewer (icon turns organge)?

Try to schedule a recording, close DVBViewer, then do a right click on the Icon and click on "Control", click on "List Timer", now the recording should show up in the list. If not, then there is something wrong with saving the recordings. Stop the service, go to your configurationfolder and try to delete timers.xml. Be sure that the user who runs DVBViewer and the service has enough rights to write & read in that directory! And so on...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using DVBV 3.9.0.0 and Task Scheduler 2.1.0 but because it seems to be impossible to watch TV at the same time as the scheduled recording (after hibernate) is going on (what is strange, by the way), I wanted to try the Recording Service plugin. I unchecked the "Use Windows Scheduler"- checkbox and installed the Recording Service (1.3.4 beta) as instructed.

The problem is that I can't find any place in DVBV where I can "activate" that plugin. Also the icon at the lower right of the screen never turns to gray, it's orange all the time. And those scheduled recordings (off course) doesn't work.

Would you please help me, thanks.

Ps. DVBV is GREAT anyway!

support.zip

the service is a real windows service (if you don't know what that means, have a look here). It's controlled with the recording service control plugin for DVBViewer which should be in the package. Just copy the svcctrl.dll into the DVBViewer plugins folder (if it isn't there already) and you'll see an entry in DVBViewer plugins menu. Just enable "use recording service" there. The service and DVBViewer shouldn't run at the same time. That's what the plugin is for. So when DVBViewer is running, the icon should turn grey, if DVBViewer closes the icon should turn orange.

You can now create your timers with DVBViewer and then close it. If the icon in tray is orange, the service is active and will do your recordings (icon will turn red).

DVBViewer and Service can't share a DVB Device, so it's unlikely that it will solve your problems..

the service is a real windows service (if you don't know what that means, have a look here). It's controlled with the recording service control plugin for DVBViewer which should be in the package. Just copy the svcctrl.dll into the DVBViewer plugins folder (if it isn't there already) and you'll see an entry in DVBViewer plugins menu. Just enable "use recording service" there. The service and DVBViewer shouldn't run at the same time. That's what the plugin is for. So when DVBViewer is running, the icon should turn grey, if DVBViewer closes the icon should turn orange.

You can now create your timers with DVBViewer and then close it. If the icon in tray is orange, the service is active and will do your recordings (icon will turn red).

DVBViewer and Service can't share a DVB Device, so it's unlikely that it will solve your problems..

Thanks, I'm very familiar with pc-technology. These instructions are very different than in the zip.

I have not checked that plugins-folder. Anyway after I ran "installsvc.bat" there wasn't any plugins menu anywhere, that's confusing me.

I have Hauppauge Win Nova-T PCI card which has two receivers. So if Service reserves one, there's one for the DVBViewer, I think. Am I right?

I will test this later in the evening.

Edited by rhama

There was svcctrl.dll-file in the Plugins-folder. Still I can't find anywhere Plugins-menuitem.

I also deleted that file (=plugins folder was empty), restart the DVBV and copied it back, no change. Still I can't find anywhere Plugins-menuitem.

Where it should be?

Problem solved.

I removed all; drivers, plugins, DVBViewer, everything and I installed all back. Now I have rec service working fine.

One problem occurred: Old recordings disappeared from the OSD and "update database" doesn't help. Those files aren't deleted. Weird...