Unencryption fails for one HD mpeg2/ac3 channel in Welho nw

karrih

Hello

I am having problems with one HD channel using my beloved DVBViewer/FireDTV C/CI combo.

First I thought that the problem was with FireDTV, but their support said this:

>Please send this question to the support of DVBViewer

So, here it is:

I have problem with one of the three HD channels I have subscribed from Welho in Helsinki. It appears that conax encryption of the channel is not opening judging from the asterisk in DVBViewer 3.6.1.2 and 3.9.0.0 and the fact that I get only audio, but not picture. The asterisk sometimes vanishes for a couple of seconds, but I don't get any picture then, either. Channel is encoded with mpeg2/ac3 unlike the working HD channels which are encoded with H264. I believe the HD channels are using QAM256 modulation. Encoded SD mpeg2 channels are working ok too. I have also tried with MyTheathre and FireDTV Viewer but they don't work either. All the HD channels were working ok when they were open as part of marketing campaign for two weeks.

I would love to get this solved so I am ready to run some diagnostics or send clips should that be necessary.

I will post systeminfo later today, I am using FireDTV Integrated Driver and Software Setup version 4.3. firmware 1.2.10. I have PowerDVD Ultra 3104.a1 as a decoder.

Edited by karrih

Hm.. maybe the datarate of the MPEG2 HD Stream is to big for your CAM? These channels tend to have a real high datarate... you could estimate that with the analyzer in Transedit.

You could also try to find out if you can "update" your CAM somehow... for example Alphacrypt had similar problems with german HD channels and released a new firmware for their CAM some time ago.

Yes, the datarate is pretty high, it was something like 20 Mbits/sec for video when the channel was unencrypted, but the h264 channels had that as well. I have already tried to look for updates for my SCM Conax 4.0e rev 1.1 CAM card, but found none...

EDIT: some net resellers seem to suggest that this CAM firmware is updated automatically during viewing, go figure.

Edited by karrih

And here is the system info attached. Is there a simple way to verify if my CAM module maxes out? In fact, thanks to CAM firmware tip, I found some information that Sony HD tuner owners are instructed to change CAM brand. Perhaps I should try with that one too?

support.zip

No, one can't see that in the file. You could try to run DVBViewer with parameter "-debug" and append the log file here, but I think that will show nothing, too... I don't know a way to see any status or debug information from a CAM. I think there is no standard way to do that, maybe there are specific ways for your CAM. You could have a look at the CAM Menue.

• 2 weeks later...