Encrypted Channels

The Gus

Good morning everybody.

May I suggest the option consisting on showing a banner on the screen when an user switches to an encrypted tv channel for which he/she has no rights to decode (that may happen on foreign bouquets or national channels not included in the subscription). That would avoid the apparently freeze fo the software sometimes with the last frame displayed from the prevous channel watched. The banner could easily display 'encrypted channel' and advise consequently the user.

Thank you very much for your attention.

The DVBViewer doesn't know anything about your subscribed packages. The MMI of your CI-application should issue a corresponding message. If you don't want a delay from nagging screens you should delete the channels from your list, which you can't watch :blush:

Thanks for the reply :blush: I agree that the dvb-s card should issue a corresponding message if the card of the ci can not decrypt a certain channel (I'm using a fire dvt s2) , I just wonder if this message could be intercepted by the software and the alert the user corrispondingly. About deleting channels, that could be done easily on entire unsubscribed group of channels, but won't be of any use of i.e. national channels which may temporarily broadcast an event encrupting it on the satellite (i.e. sport events).

Is there a way to intercept the dvb-s message? or maybe in conjunction with a plugin sending this message to dvbv?