Intel Q6600

franktaylor

I've been using DVBViewer Pro and and Intel E6600 2.4ghz dual core cpu. Just wondered if using a Q6600 Quad Core would reduce the reduce the cpu load, its currently about 40% on BBC HD. I know about the GE, Purevideo 2 think using 8*** cards, but that's not an option currently. Will DVBViewer Pro use all the 4 cores, excuse me if this is a daft or obvious question.

Many thanks

Frank

It's not a question of DVBViewer, it's a question of the decoders. Most of them should be able to use 4 cores. I saw some screenshots of that. It won't realy reduce cpu load, obviously, but there will be more CPU Power left, so the % of the used cpu power will be lower, too. ;)

It's not a question of DVBViewer, it's a question of the decoders. Most of them should be able to use 4 cores. I saw some screenshots of that. It won't realy reduce cpu load, obviously, but there will be more CPU Power left, so the % of the used cpu power will be lower, too. :(

Hey thanks for the reply. I read that the Cyberlink Powerdvd decoder I'm using was 'optimised' for Multicore so along with the information you gave me I got one today they were on offer at a special price.

Cheers.

Edited by franktaylor