Channel Change

The Gus

Good morning everybody, here's my question about DVBPro/COM with Delphi:

Given the channel name how do I force dvbv to switch to that channel? If ChannelName is 'AChannelName' I suppose I shoudl loop through Channels.dat then retrieve its position then tell dvbv to go to that channel. Am I right? Which property of TChannel should I use to pass to .CurrentChannelNr (imho)?

Thank you very much for you appreciated help!

You should try ChannelManager. You could loop through the IChannelCollection manually and then pass the index to DVBViewer. Have a look at "GetbyChannelname", too, that returns an integer. I can't read the doc for some strange error, right now, but I could imagen that it's the channel number. :idiot:

Btw is it possible to send to DVBViewer the nmeric keystrokes that the software would intpret as a channel digit? i.e a software sends 1-2-3, dvbv waits the timeout the switchs to channel number 123.

thanks all!

you need to translate the number into the digits and send the according ac constants (-> action.ini) using the sendcommand of the DVBViewer interface. But you have to take care yourself in which state the OSD is. In a osdwindow with a list, sending the numbers will result in selecting entries as example.

thank you Lars;

a little bit of hrlp please:

if I hook the keyboard and I send the commands one by one, te rogram just switchs after each digit, without waiting for next digits. i.e

FDVBViewer.SendCommand(40+strtointdef(Chr(Key_Hooked),0));

By as you suggest splitting the number into digits, which is the syntax with sendcommand?

Thank you again!

IDVBViewer.sendcommand(CMD : Integer).

Channel0=40
Channel1=41
Channel2=42
Channel3=43
Channel4=44
Channel5=45
Channel6=46
Channel7=47
Channel8=48
Channel9=49

These are the constants and the sendcommand definition.

For 123 you do:

IDVBViewer.sendcommand(Channel1)
IDVBViewer.sendcommand(Channel2)
IDVBViewer.sendcommand(Channel3)

Thank you Lars....but that's what I've already tried : the result is that DVBV goes to the last channel number sended. For 123 it goes to the third channel on the list and not on the 123rd. Maybe a problem on timeout?