Automatic standby

kapa

Hi,

Could it be possible to add functionality to automatically standby the computer? I'm using the DVBServer (Streaming) and DVBService (Recording). If the DVBServer is not streaming and DVBService is not recording and certain amount of time is passed then put the computer in standby.

Regards,

Kapa

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that this is not too interesting subject :( I might be able to do this myself if there was a COM interface on DVBServer or DVBService? Functions like IsStreaming or IsRecording or TimeToNextRecording ?

Or do you think that this is irrelevant.

I think this kind of functionality could save me some electricity. I have one HTPC with two DVB-C cards and two clients that do not have DVB cards. So the "main" computer stays on most of the day.

Kapa

Hello !

Why add a Funktion to DVBViewer that Windopws already has?

Loom in Control Panel / Power Settings and you will be astonished what Windows can do for you.

Hi,

I have automatic standby scheduled at 2 am. But I would like to have something more sophisticated. If windows would have functionality to standby after certain amount of inactivity (also no traffic through network cards), that would cover half of my needs. Do you know if there are COM in DVBService or where are the recordings data stored? Is that database readable? The rest of the stuff I think I'm able to manage by my self.

Kapa

the recordings are saved in "timer.xml" in your configuration folder. You can easily read that file. The plugin interface for the service is not public yet, because it's subject to change.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have built a C# app that reads the timers.xml file, then pings client hosts and the checks if there are any defined applications running in master htpc. If the clients are not alive and there are no recordings in next x-minutes and no defined applications running, the program runs defined command (standby in my case).

I plan to make it as a service, but I would like to test the functionality as an application first.

Is there anyone interested? I can release the source as well if you like?

Kapa

Is there anyone interested?

Yes! :)

(...me at least :()

...I'm using DVBServer everyday and until now the best choice for me to save some electricity at night was a daily scheduled shutdown at 1:00 o'clock, so I'm great interested in your app! ...and It can be a great complement to "WOL for DVBViewer" I'm using to startup the DVBServer PC...

then pings client hosts

It would also be great (if it's possible, maybe as an option) if your app could also check, as you stated before, «if the DVBServer is not streaming»: it could be a good energy saver e.g. when I start to working at the client PC (so stopping watching TV but earing a webradio station with DVBViewer) often forgetting to shutdown the DVBServer PC...

Thanks for your effort! ^_^

(I would be proud to be a beta tester for your app...)

:D

Hi,

I would like to test the application first myself like a week and see if I don´t have any problems.

It would also be great (if it's possible, maybe as an option) if your app could also check, as you stated before, «if the DVBServer is not streaming»:

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to accomplish this, but I'm trying. The ping solution works for me, but it's not that sophisticated.

I'll have to do some code cleanup+error checking but I'm close to first alpha release.

Kapa

• 2 weeks later...