DVBViewer hangs while watching DVB-T

Robin Bowes

Hi,

I'm using DVBViewer Pro V3.9.0.0 with a Freecom DVB-T stick.

I'm running into the problem that it keeps freezing while watching TV - maybe after about 5 minutes.

I've attached support.zip as required.

Can anyone see anything untoward in my config?

Thanks,

R.

support.zip

I'm using DVBViewer Pro V3.9.0.0 with a Freecom DVB-T stick.

I'm running into the problem that it keeps freezing while watching TV - maybe after about 5 minutes.

Hmmm, rather embarrassingly, this could have been something as simple as the nVidia decoder trial running out. I've bought it and installed the full version and things seem better, except now I have no sound!!!

Any ideas how to debug lack of sound?

R.

I'm sure you tried some other audio decoder? Did you have a look at the settings of the decoder? You can find that in DVBViewer, while playback is active in view->filters. Then click on the decoder and it's stetting page should open up. Maybe you can find something interesting there...

ah, by the way: what is your current default sound device? Did you install another sound hardware, for example bluetooth audio or similar? They like to add themselfes as default audio output, if so, you won't hear any sound, obviously. :)

I'm sure you tried some other audio decoder? Did you have a look at the settings of the decoder? You can find that in DVBViewer, while playback is active in view->filters. Then click on the decoder and it's stetting page should open up. Maybe you can find something interesting there...

ah, by the way: what is your current default sound device? Did you install another sound hardware, for example bluetooth audio or similar? They like to add themselfes as default audio output, if so, you won't hear any sound, obviously. :)

I sorted it - I think I did it by using a different MPEG decoder.

I've now got another issue!!!

I've moved the whole installation onto another PC. ITV1 seems to work OK, but as soon as I switch to BBC1 it hangs.

A revised support.zip is attached.

Any ideas?

support.zip

I have almost same problem!

I downloaded player from digital-everywhere and when I try to watch TV with FireDTV/T the application starts to bug after couple of minutes.

It seems to me like a buffer overload, because it's perfect for couple of minutes and then the (filter...default sound... advanced) breaks and silence -counters starts to grow faster and faster. Then there is no sound and the picture jams (stops and goes and stop and goes). Finally the break -counter goes like 10 breaks per second.

The picture and sound goes back to normal if I change the channel.

And there is no problem when I use FireDTV with vista media center.

some info:

-vista 32bit, all updates

-Athlon 3200+, 1G, Ati 9800pro 256

-Audigy platinum 2 ex, latest drivers

-FireDTV/T

-FireDTV viewer 1.0.2.36