TS H.264/AVC Edit

henryxp

• 7 months later...
What do you want to do? What's meant by "editing".

I'd like to be able to trim the beginning and end of files so that only the information that I want is contained within the file and then convert it into a format that will play in Windows Media player without any quality loss with the hopes of streaming it to my 360 but the streaming part isn't a must have.

So far the closest that I've been able to get to this is by using TSConvertor to demux the .ts file (BBCHD) into raw H.264 and AC3 wav.

AVC2AVI to put the raw H.264 into an avi container.

VirtualDub to remux the avi and AC3 wav using direct stream copy for audio and video to get an avi file that will play in Windows Media player.

This kind of works but I can't use VirtualDub to trim the files as it crashes when I try to do so, the audio is out of sync, the aspect ratio is wrong and trying to use seek causes the player to crash along with any other player that I've tried.

I'm very new to VirtualDub so most of the problems are likely to be user error but it would be so much simpler if there was a one program solution to this.

I managed to solve the cutting part of the problem by using h264TS cutter. I'd tried it before with no success but now that I have ffdshow installed it works fine.