matroska internal subtitles doesn't show in DVBViewer

AndersB

For some reason, DVBViewer is unable to show internal subtitles of matroska containers. Using the same directshow filters/renderers in mediaplayer or mpc works fine. The system is version 3.9.0 on a Vista machine. Are there any settings in DVBViewer that affect this? DVD subtitles and external subtitle files (.srt) work fine.

• 3 weeks later...
For some reason, DVBViewer is unable to show internal subtitles of matroska containers. Using the same directshow filters/renderers in mediaplayer or mpc works fine. The system is version 3.9.0 on a Vista machine. Are there any settings in DVBViewer that affect this? DVD subtitles and external subtitle files (.srt) work fine.

Got any update on this?

Got any update on this?

Nope, still no go. Don't know why but as it seems so that external subtitles (.srt files) work, I am thinking of putting the subtitles externally instead of adding them to the mkv container. But it would be nice if the internal subs would work as well.

Got a thread on AVS regarding this issue as well where I included some screenshots but there are no answers on that post either.

Here is the link to the AVS thread

Edited by AndersB
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

(An old thread but it's the nearest that a search found for me in English)

DVBViewer can display subtitles with live TV (DVB-T in UK) and it can display .srt subtitles when playing a .avi file that has an associated .srt but when I play a .mkv video with associated .srt file they do not display at all. I can select the subtitle stream if it's encoded within the .mkv file but not the external .srt.

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks,

Simon.

DVBviewerPro v.4.2.1.0 with DivX H.264 decoder v.1.1 running on Win7 Home Premium.

Thanks for the reply Griga but yes, I have DirectVobSub installed and the Autoload VS option set to yes. Subtitles work with .avi files but not .mkv.

(The files I'm testing this with, and want to use in DVBv, work as expected in ZoomPlayer, VLC, etc.)

Edited by SimonP