No device found?

themaster1

I'm tryin to configure my card which is a pinnacle pctv sat ci and a cam alston 2 but it seems DVBViewer cannot find any device !?

I need DVBViewer to work because according to some experts i've talked with it's the only software that can work with my card and decrypt (legally) the canalsatellite ( mediaguard system) channels i pay for each month.

I have tried dvbDream and it can find all the channels but it can not decrypt the channels because it doesn't support my Cam or something else..i'm not an expert, anyway

When i try to scan the channels i get "no device" then the software close.

Maybe i missed something during the installation. I have noticed that, within the DVBViewer folder there is no "drivers folder" unlike Mytheatre or dvb dream. Is this normal? i mean how can DVBViewer know what device i got or not if there is no driver ..strange

Please help!

Edited by themaster1
  • 2 weeks later...
Only FireDTV, technotrend, knc and twinhan cards with BDA drivers have CI support.

More information needed.

The pinnacle pctv sat ci is a perfect clone of the Twinhan VP1030 (DTV-CI) according to some expert I spoke with.

I can use the BDA drivers of this card(VP1030 ) I just don't know HOW, hence this topic.

My card woks great with dvbdream but I'd like to try with DVBViewer.

Some help is required

themaster1

Edited by themaster1

Please respect the Forum rules (§6). The only thing you get sending unwanted und unasked PMs is no answer.

I don't see any DVBViewer related problem. Non working drivers or the users inability to install them is no problem of the viewer. Try google.

Please respect the Forum rules (§6).

I don't see any DVBViewer related problem. Non working drivers or the users inability to install them is no problem of the viewer. Try google.

Allright sorry about that.

I have installed DVBViewer and i have checked the compatibility cards list on the site and mine is not compatible "as is".

So i am asking you, how can i use the drivers of the Twinhan VP1030 (DTV-CI) .

How to make DVBViewer know that my card is not a pctv sat ci but a Twinhan VP1030 so it can use it its drivers?

Some people told me that was possible and that it work like a charm...apparently.

Currently all what i got in the "hardware" list is "unicast" and multicast" i don't know if that's normal or what

Anyway i tried with "unicast" and nothing happen when i scan the channels -> "0 channels found"

So obviously I miss something.

i've set everything correctly for the satellite i believe (for astra19°)

Thanks for your help in advance

the master1

Edited by themaster1