TransEdit and transponder subfolders

LoneSwan

I spent many hours working through a problem with DVBViewer Pro 3.90 (latest version). Rather than copy all my notes here, I think it is better to address a small issue, first.

When a clean install is made, a "transponders" subfolder is created in the DVB-Pro installation directory. This is populated with data included with the setup file. After first startup, a documentation folder under All Users is populated, but I don't remember seeing a transponders subfolder created there, at the time.

I installed transedit.exe in the DVB-Pro folder. I deleted all the initial install data from transponders subfolder, then copied 2 newly downloaded *.ini files (from URL noted in online docs).

When TransEdit was run, it found the 2 new data files, therefore the default path must be "transponders" subfolder. I made some edits and performed some test scans. New program streams were found and noted. However, when I chose "Export" a message was returned that no DVB Pro installation could be found. I continued on to close TransEdit and it asked to confirm save of changes; I said OK.

When DVB Pro was opened, the changed transponder files were present. I found that these newly edited files were now located in two places: the original subfolder, and a new subfolder in the documentation subfolder under All Users. If this is intentional, it seems to be a problem waiting to happen. If one location was noted as "backup", it makes sense. But both subfolders contained identical files.

I would like to clear up the confusion with the location(s) of the transponder data files. Does TransEdit (Or DVB Pro?) detail their data folder paths, somewhere?

Thanks!

Walker

Virginia, USA