Two instances of DVBViewer

ascull

Hello

I've been experimenting with running two instances of DVBViewer - one for my DTT cards, and one for my DSAT cards. I know it sounds silly, but I've got good reasons for it. :wacko:

Anyway. It works fine... except that I can't set the timer properly. I use an external progamme (Digiguide) to create events in DVBViewer, and I can't predict which DVBViewer will recieve a given timer setting.

I'm told that this is because - sorry if I get the terminology wrong - the external programme can't distinguish between the different instances of DVBView running in memory.

So, I was wondering - does anyone know a way around this? Or is it something that could be built into a future version of DVBiewer?

thanks

Aaron

Or is it something that could be built into a future version of DVBiewer?

You are using the COM server I guess, so no chance. there can only be one COM server.

Please use one instance with multiple cards, that's what it is for.

You are using the COM server I guess, so no chance. there can only be one COM server.

i am, yeah. if that's the case, then fair enough. but...

as i said - i do have a good reason for trying to use two. but if it can't be done, it can't be done.

• 1 month later...

What id you want to use FOUR tuners or MORE on a DVBSERVER? Can i still use one instance?

Eppo