Two tuners, two channels, window resizing

thehawk

Good evening friends.

I did a quick search in the forums and I read that if I have two tuners in my PC, I can watch two channels using ONE instance of DVBViewer. If this is true, will this allow me to resize the two display windows as I want to?

I ask because with two instances of NOTEPAD, I coded a little tool which sits in the windows taskbar and does the following:

1. Launch two instances of Notepad

2. Put the 1st on the left-half of the screen according to screen resolution

3. Put the 2nd the right-half of the screen according to screen resolution

4. Maximize the 1st instance

5. Maximize the 2nd instance

Now this simple tool would be useful if I use two instances of DVBViewer to watch two channels but is this possible in reality? I apologise if it's a stupid question but I don't own DVBViewer yet so I need your help :bye:

Thank you.

Edited by thehawk

Hello,

if I have two tuners in my PC, I can watch two channels using ONE instance of DVBViewer. If this is true
yes its true, use the Preview to watch a different channel like in the main.

The Preview channel is not able to switch, only the main channel is switchable.

But with this, its not possible to have two separate windows, the preview is everytime in the main videowindow.

For that you can use the DVBViewer GE (Members-Area) there is the Preview independent from the main window.

for this it give now english manual, so please use the Google translation -> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...de&ie=UTF-8

I ask because with two instances of NOTEPAD
you can have two instances of DVBViewer Pro too. :bye:

i had writen it in german -> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...de&ie=UTF-8

its not difficult :)

1. make a copy of the DVBViewer installation folder

2. in the new folder you must edit the file "usermode.ini"

3. before starting the "new" DVBViewer instances you must edit the entry "Root=CMUV\DVBViewer" otherwise the two DVBViewer use the same configuration

4. enter a different folder in the usermode.ini like "Root=CMUV\DVBViewer second"

5. now you can start two DVBViewer Pro at the same time

:bye: