TransEdit 3.1.1.1 -Sorry cannot export ...

Ernie-c

Hello all,

I'm not sure whether this is the folder to post my TransEdit problem, but I didn't find any folder dedicated to TransEdit.

I downloaded TransEdit from the downloadpage, scanned my channels (dvb-c) which worked fine, but apparently I cannot

export them to Transedit since I get a messagebox telling me "Sorry - cannot export since DVBViewer 2.1 (or later) is not present."

How can I get TransEdit to work, without having DVBViewer installed ?

btw is there a trial version for DVBViewer available for download ?

Thanks !

Edited by Ernie-c

Hello,

if you had tried the TransEdit fromthis site -> http://www.DVBViewer.com/de/index.php?page=downloads

this version is "TransEdit MMC" only for test if the own hardware will work with DVBViewer Pro. This version can't export.

the current TransEdit is available in the Memder-Area -> http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/

there you get access if you purchase the DVBViewer Pro -> http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=ordering

is there a trial version for DVBViewer available for download
no.

:bye:

if you had tried the TransEdit fromthis site -> http://www.DVBViewer.com/de/index.php?page=downloads

this version is "TransEdit MMC" only for test if the own hardware will work with DVBViewer Pro. This version can't export.

Thanks for your quick reply.

This was the version I have tried, so I can only do some scanning with this version.

What I'm really looking for, since I developed my own TvScheduler, is a recording engine that can record my schedules.

Don't know if DVBViewer can do that for me, without showing any interface, or can I tell DVBViewer to record a channel via some API ?

thx

Hello,

What I'm really looking for, since I developed my own TvScheduler
there is a DVB Task Scheduler for making from the Timers in DVBViewer Windows tasks.

Don't know if DVBViewer can do that for me, without showing any interface, or can I tell DVBViewer to record a channel via some API ?
for that it give a Recording Service (Beta) -> http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=18273

But for all that, you must buy the DVBViewer Pro. :bye:

:bye:

But for all that, you must buy the DVBViewer Pro. :bye:

That's kinda new for me : having to pay to be able to test BETA software ;-))))

nice try , but no thanks.

That's all free addons to DVBViewer, but you'll get them only if you pay for DVBViewer. I think hdv got you a bit wrong (or I did), because there should be no reason for you to use the recording service. There are plenty ways to program recordings in DVBViewer. You can completely control it via the COM interface or manipulate the timers.xml yourself or send commands via commandline parameters (even send them to running DVBViewer)... you should be able to find a way to integrate DVBViewer into your scheduler.

There is no better recording engine than the one in DVBViewer. This is the best part of the whole software and well worth the 15bucks all for itself...

Edited by Moses
There are plenty ways to program recordings in DVBViewer. You can completely control it via the COM interface or manipulate the timers.xml yourself or send commands via commandline parameters ...

Interesting. Is the engine based on Microsofts DirectShow ?

I'm interested in a good recorder, I'm currently busy implementing one myself (.NET + directshow) , that's why I needed to investigate mpeg streams, but my project (once finished) will be published as an open source project, so how do I have to handle your recorder in that scenario ?

You are aware this is the support community for customers of the DVBViewer Pro?

Well I am just trying to find out if your product can suit my (specific) needs. I want to use your recorder by calling it from my scheduler via your API.

If someone can point me where I can read what your API can offer me, I'll be happy to give it a try. Convince me to become a customer !

Hope you understand my point of view.

Edited by Ernie-c

The recording service won't suit your needs. It's sole purpose is to work together with the DVBViewer. It is just a free addon for the viewer and no product on it's own. there is no public api.

The recording service won't suit your needs. It's sole purpose is to work together with the DVBViewer. It is just a free addon for the viewer and no product on it's own. there is no public api.

OK too bad. Thanks for your replies.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am registered pro version user and i'm trying to make iptv channel list with "IPTV transedit test" downloaded from beta section of member download area.

And when I try to EXPORT channel list I'm getting the same popup "Sorry cannot export... version 2.1 or higher not detected" ?????

I do have installed DVBViewer version 4.2.1.0 PRO...

The version of TransEdit i'm trying to use is 3.1.4.12, as this is the only version that have IPTV device listed in Settings -> Hardware -> TunerType dropdown list... All other version doesn't have IPTV device listed and i can't do nothing with those as they says me to fu... off cause i don't have dvb hardware...

Version 3.1.4.12 found all 48 channels but what's the use when i can't export them..

HELP

Edited by gordan

Latest beta IPTV transedit 3.2.2 has the same issue... I have tried to install older DVBViewer... version 2.12.. still same message pops out.

Like your test for installed version of DVBViewer goes terrible wrong.

I'm using Windows 7...