Tip of the Day

Guest hackbart

Guest hackbart

I made some simple "Tip of the Day" Plugin - an idea i have had while i was on vacation. I would be pleased if everybody would post several tips and hints, which i will add to the list..

Cheers

Christian

post-23-1063095918_thumb.png

Some tips:

1. You may check for updates by selecting "info" and then "news" in the "about"-menu.

2. You should perform channel scans regularly to find/add new stations.

3. Encountering severe problems you should disable background tasks like Norton Antivirus.

4. For downloading updates and plugins visit www.DVBViewer.com/members.

5. If you want to use a remote control, don't forget to enable "use WinLIRC" in the "options"-menu.

6. You may add features to your DVBViewers by installing plugins from the members' area.

Bye, Oliver

Guest hackbart

yes, this was my plan.

The tip- file consists of several sections, named like the language files. At the current state it looks like this:

[English]

Count=6

0=You may check for updates by selecting "info" and then "news" in the "about"-menu.

1=You should perform channel scans regularly to find/add new stations.

2=Encountering severe problems you should disable background tasks like Norton Antivirus.

3=For downloading updates and plugins visit www.DVBViewer.com/members.

4=If you want to use a remote control, don't forget to enable "use WinLIRC" in the "options"-menu.

5=You may add features to your DVBViewers by installing plugins from the members' area.

[Deutsch]

Count=1

0=Das Glück besteht nicht darin, daß du tun kannst, was du willst, sondern darin, daß du immer willst, was du tust.

Christian

Some more real stuff:

6=If you can't receive the Pro7/Sat1 group it's most probably caused by a DECT phone.

7=To avoid jerky playback you should install the Elecard demultiplexer.

8=If you can only receive channels from one polarisation you may have mixed up the connection to the multiswitch.

9=For playing back DVDs on your harddisk select "open video" in the "DVBViewer"-menu.

10=For taking snapshots you can't use the overlay mode.

Bye, Oliver

6=If you can read this, you won't need glasses. :wacko:

Bye, Oliver

Hi Oliver,

although I can read this I need glasses...

......because I am myopically :wacko::P

Conclusion: Tip is not correct

Regards

Nogger :wacko:

Guest hackbart

dont promise too much :wacko: At the moment i'm happy to get the new computer running (my 1yr old amd smoked up too)...

Somehow the case has some rails for hdd and floppy *hmm* i should buy some of these lego pices tomorrow..

Cheers

Christian