Netstreaming doesn't work

sanderik

Do you have a valid channel list on your client? Try 1st with the DVBViewer on your server-pc (configured as a unicast client). Be sure not to mix dvb-s and dvb-t (I guess VT4 is dvb-t).

Do you have a valid channel list on your client? Try 1st with the DVBViewer on your server-pc (configured as a unicast client). Be sure not to mix dvb-s and dvb-t (I guess VT4 is dvb-t).

Yes Derrick I have a valid channel list on both Server and Client.

As you can see now the 3 clients are shown but only the LocalDomain has the program on screen.

With your info I found out that by selecting a non-crypted channel as BVN the clients stream came into the window of the server.

By selecting a program from 'TVVLAANDEREN' I don't see anything neather on the LocalDomain.

In the settings of the FireDTV-S tuner I marked 'Has CI module'...is this OK or is there no need?

VT4 is on DVB-S (I have the two different tuners on two different PC-s)

regards

Erik

Snapshots_netstreaming_02.pdf

The network device of the client has also Has CI?

The network device of the client has no CI.

When I select 'BVN' a dutch free channel I don't see anything too.

Erlier today and regarding the previous info I got I had streaming on the LocalDomain but it happened once.

In the part Stream Clients: no message appears

In the General window from the server I can see that there should be a stream of about 0,830MB/s and the yellow line is moving completely on the top of the black/green squared window.

The network device of the client has no CI.

..@Lars meant, that you'll have to check "has CI" for the unicast device if you want to receive encrypted channels. Descrambling of course is done by the CI of the hardware device assigned to the server :bye:

..@Lars meant, that you'll have to check "has CI" for the unicast device if you want to receive encrypted channels. Descrambling of course is done by the CI of the hardware device assigned to the server :bye:

Allready thanks for the info.

I can inform that on this moment the netstream is working.

On the first server PC (with FireDTV DVB-S tuner) I can run DVBViewer and I can select different channels.

I tried to setup 3 other pc's as a client (all by using Unicast) and found out that I can select on all of them different channels all coming from 1 DVB-S tuner.

What I didn't took as possible, but it is, all the different chosen channels are encrypted but there is no problem to receive them. I found out too that I can 'RECORD' every stream separately...and this is very nice!

Q1: How is this possible to receive encrypted channels from 1 single tuner and card ?

Regarding the instalation as described above I have some remarks too.

R1: Client PC 1 (Vista Home) and PC2 (XP-Home) are connected with UTP cat,5 and are very recent. PC 3 (PIII-650Mhz) is wireless with WIFI 54g.

I need to open first DVBViewer on PC3 to receive this stream first. Then I need to open PC2 with XP as second stream. PC3 (Vista) has no problem at all to receive stream.

Q2: Is this normal or do I need to take care of something else?

We try to setup a network with all those possibilities because we sell PC's ans TV.

It is important that this will work without faults and this is why I will try everithing what's possible.

Any remark or sujestion is welcome.

Your're violating the forum rules cos only one nick is allowed. What you want is beyond the scope of the DVBViewer. It has been stated many times before that only one service is decrypted by the CI at a time. Use the search function..

Your're violating the forum rules cos only one nick is allowed. What you want is beyond the scope of the DVBViewer. It has been stated many times before that only one service is decrypted by the CI at a time. Use the search function..

sorry Derrick, I'm using all the time my Roboform password/passcard keeper to login and don't understand why I was logged in with another nick!

Regarding the problem is my most important Q why the stream is not allways visible on the client PC ? Otherwhise I notice that the server show in the Control Client and the Stream Client the info from the Client PC.