Favorites' bug (3.9.1.0 only?)

Víctor P.

While editing favorites list, if you place a folder inside a main folder (i.e: Favorites > Folder 1 > Folder 2) the favorites' list will mess up and not show in the main menu nor in the right-click options.

Does anyone else get this behaviour?

Once I remove that subfolder and save the list, it goes back to normal.

By the way, I'd like to request the possibility of adding separators (those "grey lines") in the favorites' list, that would be very useful for visually separating some of the channels.

Greetings.

Hm.. if I put the folder 2 into folder 1, folder 2 isn't opened and quite useless, but the rest of the list still works. But it won't save the edited list? Everytime I load it (ie restart DVBViewer), the old list appears.. hm.

I think it's not meant to be possible to add subfolders.

• 1 month later...
Well, that's not s nice...

whats not nice .my problem or yours hehe

seriously im new to the DVBViewer and have been testing everything out and messing it up so i can fully understand how all works before i reset my system so i can reinstall the veiwer again for real .

but after setting my favourite channels i have just realised the favourites will not save

any suggestions

my problem or yours hehe

Yours. That is until you care to explain what you are doing and how to reproduce the problem. Then I can say if it's our problem :bounce:

Yours. That is until you care to explain what you are doing and how to reproduce the problem. Then I can say if it's our problem :bounce:

all im doing is using edit and organise channels .selecting the channel dragging accross to favourites then trying to save the favourites

nothing happens when i press save icon

nothing happens when i press save icon

What shall happen? Simply restart DVBViewer and check whether favorites are still there. If they are, they were saved successfully.

What shall happen? Simply restart DVBViewer and check whether favorites are still there. If they are, they were saved successfully.

cinch i want to reset my system to an earlier date ,which will mean losing DVBViewer and i want to reinstall the viewer and transfer a saved favourites file back into the fresh install

Then save and restore favorites.xml file. It contains the favorites.

It's in the DVBViewer configuration folder ('About' -> 'Configuration folder' within DVBViewer).

Edited by CiNcH
Keep in mind that favorites reference the actual channels, so also save channels.dat.

ok cinch i ve been looking in the wrong place ..found it now "all programs,DVBViewer,data folder,fav"

oh many thanks to you all and for your patience with me..

great app. by the way