DVB Server & multiple cards

Kevin Bishop

I have DVB Server 3.9 with two technotrend budget S3200 card.

I am trying to configure my system to work as a central HTPC as well as a server for a remote PC. I would like to be able to record two programs on the HTPC, or watch one and record one, when the remote PC is not connected (assume all unencrypted channels). I appreciate that when the remote PC is connected the HTPC client will only have one card available, although it would be nice if recordings got priority.

I have tried Unicast and Multicast, but I can only ever access one channel at a time from DVBViewer on the HTPC (same PC as the DVB Server). If I record one program and change to a different channel (on a different transponder) I get 'No Hardware'.

I cannot see how to add another Unicast or Multicast config and I can see no settings for 'maximum streams' per client.

Does the Server support streaming two channels to one client?

:)

To add a another Unicast or Multicast device open the usermode.ini in the DVBViewer Folder and charge value

[Card]
Unicast=2
Multicast=1

than perform a Device Scan in Options > Hardware.

I now have 2 x TT3200 cards, 2 x CIs, 2 x T-Rex CAMs and 2 x Sky Digital cards with identical channels.

I cannot seem to get both CIs to decrypt at the same time. After leaving it unnatended for some time, the second channel did seem to start working, but it may need 15-30 minutes - I haven't had time to test fully.

Both TT3200, CI, CAM & Card have been tested in all combinations - except all together.

I have the same symptoms using both cards via unicast to DVBServer (on the same computer) or directly within DVBViewer.

However, if I set one card locally in DVBViewer and the other through Unicast on DVBServer it seems to work.

Ideally I would like both cards on DVBServer, so DVBserver can manage access to remote and local users efficiently.

Can anybody shed any light on these symptoms?

I am not sure but this might work:

Find out "Hardware.XML" (it is under CMUV)

Find out @device pnp and add this line under the line"Technotrend BDA Tuner":

[removed]

I suggest you do not give such advise. It will compromize the stability of the DVBViewer and will result in no support to any person who uses it, even if the problem is not releated to the setting. Plain and simple.

There is a reason it is not published, you know. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can DVBServer have more than 6 clients??? The 7th client request only increase control clients, not stream clients, I have then 7 control clients and 6 stream clients, certainly the 7th client doesn`t work.

I'm not interesting in multicast stream, I must be efficient, on the other hand I've try it and DVBServer can only stream one transponder, therefore it's like have only one card in the server.

Have a look at the config of dvbserver, especialy in Settings->Network -> Unicast. There is a "max Users" setting and the default value seems to be 6. Maybe you forgot to adjust that value? :)

Have a look at the config of dvbserver, especialy in Settings->Network -> Unicast. There is a "max Users" setting and the default value seems to be 6. Maybe you forgot to adjust that value? :)

I've try it an if you write 7 for example, in the 7th request the control clients value is 7 but the stream clients is 6, it doesn`t work.

Edited by optica11
It seems that the limit is 6. Dunno why..

..I have a different problem. I can't stream to the VLC though it is correctly recognized as a streaming client.

I've also try it and I can open a stream with vlc if I use the network plugin (I hate it), you must open a http://... stream in the vlc. With DVBserver I don't know how to do it :) , but I'll continue trying it...

thanks for trying.. ..netstreaming plugin is working here as well with vlc. I've found out that dvbserver must have changed to a proprietary stream format after v3.6. 3.8 and 3.9 don't work.

thanks for trying.. ..netstreaming plugin is working here as well with vlc. I've found out that dvbserver must have changed to a proprietary stream format after v3.6. 3.8 and 3.9 don't work.

Thanks Derrick, I've another question that you can probably answer me. I want a infrared remote control for DVBViewer (client), I want to say that I don't have any infrared receiver. Do you know any receiver (and remote control) that could I use. I would like not to use any other software to control the receiver, only DVBViewer.