Timer recordings

MarkRy

I have just updated DVBViewer to the latest version. It has kept the scheduled recordings but I seem to have lost the ability to close the program and it will run in background and record. It is some time since I have looked at all the plug-ins. Please could someone remind me which plug-in or setting I need so that it records scheduled timer events when it is not running.

I have had a look on the forum but I need to record something very soon and get it to shut down computer (I know that bit). I think it is the Recording Service plug-in I had. Looking at the installation thread I should therefore have a complugins folder - I dont nor can I see any of the old files or dlls. When they say DVBViewer Pro folder I guess they mean DVBViewer folder. With so lttle documentation I realise I should have just left the thing alone.

Thanks

Edited by MarkRy
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello MarkRy,

I also recently bought the DVBViewer and I'm also running latest version. I believe you should use the scheduler - version probably depends on your op.sys:

» Description: DVB Task Scheduler ( 15645 Downloads )

» Version: v 2.1.0

» Size: 307 KBytes

» Last Updated: 12.02.07

or for Vista:

Description: DVB Task Scheduler BETA ( 412 Downloads )

» Version: Only for Vista !!! 2.1.4

» Size: 216 KBytes

» Last Updated: 12.11.07

Under options, settings, you need to enable: "Task Scheduler Support", "Use Microsoft Task Scheduler" - and you need to execute as a user with system administor permissions.

I'm new to DVBViewer - so other users please help keep me honest.

Michael

I have just updated DVBViewer to the latest version. It has kept the scheduled recordings but I seem to have lost the ability to close the program and it will run in background and record. It is some time since I have looked at all the plug-ins. Please could someone remind me which plug-in or setting I need so that it records scheduled timer events when it is not running.

I have had a look on the forum but I need to record something very soon and get it to shut down computer (I know that bit). I think it is the Recording Service plug-in I had. Looking at the installation thread I should therefore have a complugins folder - I dont nor can I see any of the old files or dlls. When they say DVBViewer Pro folder I guess they mean DVBViewer folder. With so lttle documentation I realise I should have just left the thing alone.

Thanks

Hi MarkRy,

DVBViewer Customer Area (the place from you download stuff), Beta Section, DVBViewer Recording Sercive. I attache instructions as well:

Installation:

-------------

You need Administrator rights.

IMPORTANT:

If you update a older beta of the service FIRST execute in folder COMPlugins the file "unregPlugs.bat" and delete the files "epgstore.dll" and "epgparser.dll"!

Extract the content of the zip file into the DVBViewer Pro folder. On first installation start installsvc.bat to register the service with windows. If you want to delete the service please run first uninstallsvc.bat.

The DVBViewer Recordingservice is a native windows service. It enables you to record programmed timers by the DVBViewer Pro without DVBViewer Pro.

Works like a charm for me.

Edited by arc03
  • 2 weeks later...

This is utterly confusing.

I have DVBViewer pro (if thats the one you pay 15 euro for)

If i exit DVBViewer it doesnt start and wont do the programmed timer recordings.

If i start it when it is supposed to do a recording it starts recording. (so he is only aware of his duties when awake)

I could have DVBViewer running all the time, but since it has a habit to lock itself up (3.9.1.1) watching just a plain FTA channel (even the CAM unplugged) I thougt it would be clever to just let it start for the recording and then shut down.

Doesnt work he doesent start if not allready running.

Even in my old HP41-CX i could program timer events, and Im pretty shure its suported in Vista also.

This drives me nuts , I need another program to start the program ?

Is this true ?

I changed from my Nokia 9902 beacuse it was unreliable.

I changed to pinnacle in PC it was unreliable.

Changed to TT3200-S2 and DVBViewer also unreliable.

Any solution out there to record rock solid FTA recordings day out and day in ?

My PC moves on like a charm not a crash no nothing.

Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

/Nicholas

Edited by savenlid