I keep losing my channels in DVBViewer

Gae41

Everything is working fine with DVBViewer and then, for no reason, when I go into it, all channels like BBC and ITV just disappear for some reason. I haven't installed any different codecs or done anything new to my system either, this just happens for no reason. I can still pick up certain channels like Performance and and some Radio Stations etc but I still dont know why I lose all my other main channels. I have just tried a scan with Transedit but it hasn't picked up these main channels either. Are they constantly updating the transponder frequencies or something? My device is showing up OK in the "hardware" options and I am still using DVBViewer version 3.05.01 as I couldn't record with the most recent version.

Any ideas as it's so frustrating when this happens?

Gae

Edited by Gae41
No Support for old Versions Pleas Install the current Version.

Thank You. I have installed the new version 3.9.1.0. but just like before I have no live stream. I can see the channels in "Preview" in both DVBViewer and Transedit and I can also record the stream for playback. For some reason though, live stream has no playback even with the same settings that I have always used. My card is a Twinhan DVB-S card.

Gae

Edited by Gae41

I have tried those now but still nothing. It wont even play the radio channels. I've never had such a complete "shutdown" on Live Streams with DVBViewer before. At least I can still record and watch the files though.

Gae

Edited by Gae41
Make a Right click on the DVBViewer shortcut > attributes and add -debug to ..\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe.

After creating the support.zip remove -debug.

Thank you. I shall try that.

I did a system restore yesterday and went back to an earlier version 3.5 of DVBViewer which was working fine. I tried to uninstall so I could install the updated version but it said "cannot find uninstall000.dat" and wouldn't continue. I noticed that I also had another folder "DVBViewer(2)" in "Program Files". I tried to install version 3.9.0 over this and it was working fine. The problem was, the "record" doesn't work. I next tried to "uninstall" but it came up as before. When I now install version 3.9.1. over this, my live stream has gone again. :bounce:

I will try the -debug method.

Gae41

Edited by Gae41

Finally, I have version 3.9.1 up and running with Live Streaming working.

When I created the -debug"support.zip" I noticed that there was a DVBViewer (2) folder in the created support.zip folder. Also, I had a DVBViewer ((2)(3)) folder in my Program Files containing duplicate plugin and filter folders etc. I think these were created by the new install without being able to do the correct uninstall. Anyway, I deleted this 2nd folder and now DVBViewer is reading the filters and plugins in the original folder. I will do a system restore point now. Thanks for your continued support in this. If I've done anything wrong in my actions by deleting folders etc please advice.

Gae

Edited by Gae41

;)

It's happened again this morning. I switch on my computer this morning as normal but now I cant receive any of the BBC, ITV or radio stations again. It's particularly frustrating as I want to record a particular weekly radio show. Why does DVBViewer always do this? Is it an LNB or Sky "standby", or "transponder" or "settings" problem? MY computer isn't even connected to the Net so it cant be a virus. I can still pick a couple of channels like QVC or other shopping type channels that I never watch...it's just the main channels that disappear. It is so frustrating. Everything is always working perfectly on Saturday Night but then when I come to Sunday Morning I cant tune in the channels I want.

Please help!! I love DVBViewer but this bug has really been "bugging" me of late. :bye:

Gae

P.S. It appears to be an Astra 2D (28.2 E degrees) problem as the channels I can still get are on the Eurobird 1 (28.5 E degrees) Satellite..eg. the zone (Horror, Thriller etc) channels.

Edited by Gae41