Watching HD: What codecs/registry tweaks are needed?

thehawk

Good evening.

I just purchased DVBViewer and will soon assembly my new PC which will have a Q6600, 2xFloppyDTV DVBS2 and HIS 2600XT card. In simple steps, what do I need to watch HD channels? I mean codecs, registry tweaks, etc.

I ask since I don't know to install multiple codecs, but only the one which does the trick.

Thank you!

Edited by thehawk

My suggestion: install Windows XP, Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra (this includes a very good MPEG2 Decoder and the only H.264 Decoder capable of using the HD2600 Hardware Decoding features) and maybe AC3 Filter, if you like. That's all you'll need.

This is mine:

8600 GT (or GTS), Vista x86, PDVD Ultra(for its h264 decoder)

I never got good picture quality on mpeg2 with 2600 XT even after hundreds of f***g tweaks.

Edited by ricabullah
  • 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon ;):D

I just tried - for the first time - DVBViewer and on AstraHD+, I only have 2% of CPU usage when in full screen. I only have PowerDVD Ultra installed, nothing else and using a FloppyDTVS2 card and an ATI HD2600XT.

I believe that's ok, no? :bye:

Edited by thehawk