can't install on Vista

zannad

I bought DBViewer recently (a couple of months) and installed on Windows XP without any problem.

Now I've just installed DBViewer on a Vista partition; but apparently the program doesn't recognise my username and password anymore...what have I done wrong?

I've only installed DBViewer once...maybe I've forgotten something critical...

you should delete the configurationfolder and uninstall DVBViewer, search the registry for your password and delete the CM&V Folder's the entry is in.

Install DVBViewer again and run DVBViewer by right clicking on it and selecting "run as administrator". This step is 100% necessary in vista! Type in username/password and close DVBViewer again. Now you can just run it as usualy and your problem should be gone.

you should delete the configurationfolder and uninstall DVBViewer, search the registry for your password and delete the CM&V Folder's the entry is in.

Install DVBViewer again and run DVBViewer by right clicking on it and selecting "run as administrator". This step is 100% necessary in vista! Type in username/password and close DVBViewer again. Now you can just run it as usualy and your problem should be gone.

Not sure the sequence I followed is correct....here it is:

1) Deleted the CM&V folder in AllUsers folder (I think this is the configuration folder?)

2) Uninstalled DVBViewer via Control Panel

3) Serched for my password using Regedit...deleted entry folder CM&V.

4) Installed DVBViewer (no Reboot?)

5) Skipped Wizard....

6) Right clicked DVBViewer icon and selected Run As Administrator

7) User dialogue appear....username already there...password is filled with dots...I enter them again using Caps for password..

8) dull sound...can't get DVBViewer running!

I tried to be as comprehensive as possible.

There is another particular which maybe important....the UAC (account control) is disabled already, as I cannot be bothered with extra security measures...I just install programs like in XP.

Please check also my Support.zip file, hope it helps.

support.zip

I bought DBViewer recently (a couple of months) and installed on Windows XP without any problem.

Now I've just installed DBViewer on a Vista partition; but apparently the program doesn't recognise my username and password anymore...what have I done wrong?

I've only installed DBViewer once...maybe I've forgotten something critical...

Hi!

I have the same problem and I'm rumming Vindows vista Ultimate.

I also run in vista ultimate.

DVBViewer is fairly unstable, locks up on due to CAM and also on FTA chanels with CAM unplugged.

Pulling and plugging CAM starts again sometimes, restarting DVBViewer seems to work always.

Leaving FTA Cubavision running overnigth I find it locked up in the morning.

Had to reprogram all my recordings to "shutdown DVBViewer" to make sure his not running for extended times.

I have TT3200-S2 with CI and conax CAM

I reinstalled 3.9.1.1 but did none of the above "tricks" with administrator or anything.

If someone could elaborate on the need and why and so on.

It works ok now with HD channels and everything but locks up from time to time.

Could it be my instalation ?

Also why do one have to to do deinstallation manually both for nvidia drivers and now DVBViewer, what happened to uninstall ?

Why not do a complete uninstall if asked to ?

Drivers and programs are like old dogs peeing all over my computer.

Someone need to write a dvbcleaner ?

I just dont understand it.

Odd.

/Nicholas

Edited by savenlid

Hi guys,

Vista is a little bit complicated comparing with XP.

Default registry settings doesn't give you administrative rights. (or you have to tweak registry)

So, while installing most of the programs, before starting the installation you must right click on setup.exe and choose "run as administrator".

Try to select "all users" option; this case CMUV will be placed C > ProgramData > CMUV > DVBViewer as one piece. (for other options check this:

here

PrograData is a hidden folder so you have to make it appear.

For uninstall, choose automatic uninstall first and make sure CMUV removed complately. If it is as one piece under ProgramData, most probably you will find an empty CMUV folder. Just delete it. You don't need to clean registry.

Edited by ricabullah

The setup does request automatically the necessary rights (you get an elevation dialog box). If you enter your userdata correctly in the setup, the setup takes care it is written with the needed rights in the needed place.

DVBViewer is fairly unstable, locks up on due to CAM... (snip)

Don't know whether this is relevant, but some time ago I read on the DVBShop forum that the ribbon cable supplied with the DVB-S2 3200 (that connects the CI module to the card) is too short and messes up the timings on certain cams, causing lock-ups.

IIRC the recommendation was for a ribbon 1" longer and with a max length of 20".

Edited by mr_chaela
I reinstalled 3.9.1.1 but did none of the above "tricks" with administrator or anything.

/Nicholas

I can't see a 3.9.1.1 version on members area?

This is not only you who mentions this.

Odd.

Edited by ricabullah
"...So, while installing most of the programs, before starting the installation you must right click on setup.exe and choose "run as administrator..."

Now it is getting a bit confusing...so, it is before starting the installation that I need to choose "run as administrator"?

Not during the first start of DVBViewer?

I've just downloaded the newer version 3.9.1...does this solve the problem?

I guess I'll have to clear the registry of the previous installation first.

Now it is getting a bit confusing...so, it is before starting the installation that I need to choose "run as administrator"?

Not during the first start of DVBViewer?

Yes

I've just downloaded the newer version 3.9.1...does this solve the problem?

I guess I'll have to clear the registry of the previous installation first

You will find just username and password on registry; so what do you hope with deleting this?

Just make sure how you installed your DVBV: did you select for "all users" or "for each user individually"

If your selection was the first, you don't need to do anything else: just make auto uninstallation.

But if your selection was the second, after auto uninstall, delete the remains of CMUV under C > Users > AppData > Roming >CMUV and make sure there is no remains of CMUV under C > ProgramData > CMUV. If the answer is still yes, delete them as well.

If you are sure everything is OK, install your new copy of DVBV.

It is gonna work.

Edited by ricabullah
but some time ago I read on the DVBShop forum that the ribbon cable supplied with the DVB-S2 3200 (that connects the CI module to the card) is too short and messes up the timings on certain cams, causing lock-ups.

IIRC the recommendation was for a ribbon 1" longer and with a max length of 20".

Oh the contrary is true. NEVER EVER change the cable.

We have a lot of so called "bug report" which are cause by the user trying to outsmart TT and using a longer cable.

It does not work stable. use the supplied cable between CI Module and TT Card.

Lars,

I wont change the cable then for now, but what could be the problem ?

Any known problems with some conax cam´s ?

Any recomended cams for conax ?

I dont know what can be the problem with TT the use a normal philips chip and as such should be more like a philips card than anything else.

I had a pinnacle installed before but was not suported by DVBViewer and did not have S2 thats why i changed to TT3200-S2.

Needless to say the pinnacle did not deinstall completely, hope that is not causing troubles.

You can see when you run a tool over filters that he left some and maybe more.

Need a pinnacle cleaner also :-)

/Nicholas

Well, I've managed to install version 3.9.1 and get past the password check...1 problem solved.

But there a a couple of new problems now!

a) everytime I start DVBViewer I get the password dialogue...I guess the username and password haven't registered properly and I have to enter them each time I start the program.

:tongue: when I strart scanning for the channels the program crash.

I didn't scan the channels during the initial wizard...I wanted to make sure the program would run without any problem first.

Interestingly, when I first installed the previous version (3.9.0) the scan went ahead without any glitch...unfortunately, I've wasted my time since the program wasn't installed properly (the password was being rejected), and I lost all the channels after the uninstall...I guess there is a way to uninstall DVBViewer without losing the channels list - (e.g. a simple backup).

I am starting to get a bit annoyed....I don't know much about Vista but probably something in DVBViewer isn't quite right...

Any suggestions out there?

Oh the contrary is true. NEVER EVER change the cable.

We have a lot of so called "bug report" which are cause by the user trying to outsmart TT and using a longer cable.

It does not work stable. use the supplied cable between CI Module and TT Card.

Thanks for clarifying that Lars.

Luckily I never changed my cable.

Well, I've managed to install version 3.9.1 and get past the password check...1 problem solved.

But there a a couple of new problems now!

a) everytime I start DVBViewer I get the password dialogue...I guess the username and password haven't registered properly and I have to enter them each time I start the program.

:tongue: when I strart scanning for the channels the program crash.

I didn't scan the channels during the initial wizard...I wanted to make sure the program would run without any problem first.

Interestingly, when I first installed the previous version (3.9.0) the scan went ahead without any glitch...unfortunately, I've wasted my time since the program wasn't installed properly (the password was being rejected), and I lost all the channels after the uninstall...I guess there is a way to uninstall DVBViewer without losing the channels list - (e.g. a simple backup).

I am starting to get a bit annoyed....I don't know much about Vista but probably something in DVBViewer isn't quite right...

Any suggestions out there?

You could copy your existing channels.dat and favourites.XML under CMUV to a temporary folder which is named "DVBV Copy" for instance.

And after reinstallation, you can copy them into newly created CMUV.