dvbviewer usb infrared remote control

optica11

hey,

i can recommend the imon vfd to you, i'm using one by myself without any problems.

http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Products/im...amp;leftMenu=25

there is also a plugin for DVBViewer, to show some details like what is currently running, the channelname, etc .... on the display.

it's maybe not the cheapest solution, but in my opinion works best !

sw4y

Thank you sw4y.

I wouldn`t like to have to run any .exe,I would like to run only DVBViewer, is there any type of usb infrared remote control that works including only a plugin in DVBViewer plugin folder??

As far as I know DVBViewer TE (TechniSat Edition) supports the USB HID protocol which works with the TechniSat USB receiver. Also Satelco delivers a USB HID receiver with their hardware.

Don't think that there is a HID input plugin for the Pro?

USB HID receiver is available here: http://www.technisat.de/index05a7.html?nav...odukte,de,76-50

But it does not seem to be a learnable device and will most likely only works with TechniSat FB's (TS 35 and TTS 35, as they state on their homepage).

TechnoTrend also has a USB receiver which does not yet feature Vista drivers (and does not comply to the HID standard). I don't think that this device is detected by the 'TechnoTrend Remote Input Plugin' (resp. by the TT BDA-API) for the DVBViewer Pro. So you would most likely also have to run an external application (TT-Mapper or TT-LIRC-Server).

This device supports quite some IR code standards and will work with all universal remotes I would say. It is possible to learn remote keys and assign keyboard shortcuts or hand the codes to a LIRC client for further mapping (e.g. Girder or directly to the DVBViewer LIRC client).

http://www.technotrend.de/2724/USB_Infrarot-Empfaenger.html

Edited by CiNcH
Don't think that there is a HID input plugin for the Pro?
There is no need for such a plugin because it sends Keyboard commands. Your can learn them to commands without a plugin.

I see, so the TechniSat device uses the HID keyboard usages. Still it most likely only maps keycodes from their remotes (RC5?) to HID keyboard usages.

However, the Satelco USB HID receiver doesn't or not fully use the HID keyboard usage page, only for the navigation cross. Think they use proprietary usages that would have to explicitly be implemented anyway...

Edited by CiNcH

Here you can see which IR code standards are supported by the TT USB IR Receiver:

typedef enum _USBIR_MODES
{
	USBIR_MODE_NONE,
	USBIR_MODE_RAW,
	USBIR_MODE_DIV,
	USBIR_MODE_ALL_CODES, // special mode for decting the type of a remote control
	USBIR_MODE_RC5,
	USBIR_MODE_NOKIA,
	USBIR_MODE_NEC,
	USBIR_MODE_RCMM8, //USBIR_MODE_RCMM,
	USBIR_MODE_RC6, // RC6 Mode 6A
	USBIR_MODE_RECS80,
	USBIR_MODE_DENON, // = Sharp
	USBIR_MODE_MOTOROLA,
	USBIR_MODE_SONYSIRC
} USBIR_MODES;

An SDK is included in the following download:

http://technotrend-online.com/download/software/tt_usbir.zip

Probably someone wants to write an input plugin for the DVBViewer...

• 1 month later...

Hi, finally I've bougth a technotrend usb infrared receiver. I've install the drivers but in options->input plugins->technotrend remote active->configuration, it doesn`t appear any device. I don't know if I have to change ttremote.ini parameters or copy some file in DVBViewer folder...I need some help...