myXMLTv and channels.xml

Aasimon

?

I use myXMLTV to update the EPG via XMLTV data.

this tool uses the channels.dat file to map XMLTV channels to DVBViewer channels.

The latest version of DVBViewer I am using output its channel into to newer formated channels.xml file nstead of the old format channels.dat file.

My request:

Can myXMLTV be updated to use this newer format XML channels files as DVBViewer does not output to channels.dat any more.

I have changed a number of the channels tuning so myXMLTV does not work correctly any more as the wrong EPG channels updated when I move the XMLTV data into the EPG.

Or

Is there another way of getting XMLTV data into the EPG of DVBViewer?

Can myXMLTV be updated to use this newer format XML channels files as DVBViewer does not output to channels.dat any more.
Which Version do you use?

DVBViewer Pro 3.9.1 still use the channels.dat.

there is no version of the DVBViewer, which uses a channels.xml. I don't know how you got this idea, but rest asured, there is no need changing anything in myxmltv.

I am using:

DVBViewer Pro V3.9.1.1

DVBSource 2.9.1.1

DVBServer 3.9.1.0

DVBVservice 1.1.2.0

Ok, if channels.dat is in use, how do I get the file to update? Presently dated 2007 07 29.

Anybody know whwere the channels.xml is commng from? Presently dated 2008 01 05.

Thanks for the help guys. :idiot:

Ok, if channels.dat is in use, how do I get the file to update? Presently dated 2007 07 29.

Anybody know whwere the channels.xml is commng from? Presently dated 2008 01 05.

This may be because you're not looking at the right place to find the actual channel.dat. Based on the setting you choose during the installation, it may not be in the program folder but in user settings. You can know where your config files are stored in the about box of DVBViewer.