Two instances of DVBViewer, only 1st instance works

thehawk

Good afternoon.

I made a copy of the DVBViewer folder as instructed in this forum and changed the .ini. My problem is that only the first instance - whichever it is - works, the 2nd one simply omits no picture. DirectX codecs are set to Cyberlink's PowerDVD.

What can it be?

Thank you.

EDIT: Attached the two support tools info for both instances.

1st_Card.zip

2nd_Card.zip

Edited by thehawk

Hello,

the 2nd one simply omits no picture.
sound is ok?

You use in every instance the Overlay Render (options -> DirectX) but it can only one application use the Overlay.

change the render too VMR7 or VMR9 in both instances and it will be work.

:idiot:

Hi mate, thanks a lot for the quick reply.

This partially fixed the problem. Now I get picture but it's only using 1/4 of the screen, the remaining 3/4 is all pink/green/blue.

I'm using VMR9 for the 2nd instance. When changing to VMR9 in both, I get the same problem in both instances.

EDIT: Ok, problem solved, had to tick the Nvidia fix - very funny since I have an ATI :idiot:

EDIT2: I'm having rebooting issues with 2 HD channels when setting the resolution to 1366x7768 but not on 1024x768. Any clues?

Edited by thehawk
EDIT: Ok, problem solved, had to tick the Nvidia fix - very funny since I have an ATI :idiot:

EDIT2: I'm having rebooting issues with 2 HD channels when setting the resolution to 1366x7768 but not on 1024x768. Any clues?

NVidia fix name comes from NVidia since it was the first who makes that HA thing. But it might be changed as "WMR HA fix"

Try to switch to 1280*720p; the best one.

Edited by ricabullah

Some more issues as this is getting interesting :idiot:

- If I watch two NON-HD channels, memory usage is 50-55 for both instances.

- If I watch two HD channels, memory usage is 200+k for the 1st instance, 100k for the 2nd, with the 2nd instance suffering from choppy picture.

CPU priority for both instances is set to normal.

How come? Why is the 300kb used by DVBViewer not shared amongst the two instances?

Edited by thehawk

what are you trying to do? there is no sharing, two instances are two instances.

I'm having rebooting issues with 2 HD channels when setting the resolution to 1366x7768 but not on 1024x768. Any clues?

driver and or hardware problem.

what are you trying to do? there is no sharing, two instances are two instances.

yes yes, I'm just launching two instances of the application and wondering why - with HD channels - one is using 200k of memory and the 2nd one is using 100k. I expect them to use 150k respectively, or I'm wrong?

Thank you.

CPU priority for both instances is set to normal.

What do you mean here?

You mean "use only the first CPU" selection?

Edited by ricabullah

No.

Settings > Options > Extended > Priority(at the top).

Here's a summary of the "problem".

1. I launch the 1st instance of DVBViewer, on HD channel. Memory usage of THIS instance is 110k and picture is fine

2. I launch the 2nd instance of DVBViewer, on HD channel. Memory usage of THIS instance is 209k going up to 300k and picture is no good, choppy.

It is as if the 2nd instance is using more memory usage, yet the picture is no good. I'm not complaining of course, just finding all this very interesting :robot:

Hope this is clear :idiot:

On non-HD channels, 1st instance uses 55k and 2nd instance uses 55k(more or less) as well, with picture fine on both instances.

Edited by thehawk

Apologies for bringing this up but I had multiple rebooting issues yesterday and with the resolution set to 1024x768 as well. CPU temperature is only 30 degrees celsius so that can't be the problem. My question is: Could it be the codec? The Cyberlink H264 one?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning.

Sorry for bringing this up but I did some more tests yet results are the same :unsure:

I tried all possible codecs(CoreAVC/ffdshow/cyberlink), yet when I have two windows open, 1st window is ok(average frame of 45) but the 2nd one is not(average frame of 20).

The codec is not the problem since - I repeat - I tried 3. What can it be? :tongue: