Vertical channels ignored

CoolKoon

Hi!

Looks like I've found a pretty annoying bug. It's especially prevalent when you're about to scan the DigiTV programming on Thor 2,3 & Intelsat 10-02. The problem is that some parts of the package share the same frequency, symbol rate, FEC, transponder no. etc. The only difference between them is the polarity. One of them is vertical, the other one horizontal. The problem seems to be that when I'm doing range or frequency scan, the program is looking for channels with horizontal polarity, and if it finds some, it goes to the next SR/Frequency etc. which basically means that it looks for vertical polarity only if it didn't find anything with horizontal polarity. It't very annoying indeed, as because of this I can't watch half of the programming. I've also tried fiddling around with the tuner settings (DVB-S2, "Has shared LNB" option etc.) without any success.

Oh, I almost forgot: my card is a FlyDVB Trio (analog, DVB-T, DVB-S) and I ended up finding this nastiness using the DVB-S part of it.

EDIT: yeah, yeah, I forgot to use the support tool :idiot: Well, not anymore. And also please note that the driver version of the TV card is 2.10.2.1, my graphics card is an ATI Radeon X1650 with driver ver. 8.401.0.0. Is this info enough?

support.zip

Edited by CoolKoon

Hmmmmm. Four days have passed without any kind of support, notice, information, answer or anything else. It's really impolite (considering the fact that I had to PAY for the program), besides I can't bridge this problem even by adding the channels manually, as I can't seem to find something called PMT PID in the satellite channel listings (lyngsat.com doesn't list them, and I can't remember any others) and apparently the rest of the information without that is pretty much useless.

So my question is: would you provide some information about this? Or at least some workaround or anything? Or do I have to post this in the German part as well (which seems to be updated more often) for this issue to have some effect?

P.S. Believe me, you won't like me to do the German thing since my German really sucks........ :(

The problem seems to be that when I'm doing range or frequency scan, the program is looking for channels with horizontal polarity, and if it finds some, it goes to the next SR/Frequency etc. which basically means that it looks for vertical polarity only if it didn't find anything with horizontal polarity.

That's an exellent description how the internal scanner of the DVBViewer works. According to this scanning scheme, DVBViewer is still an astra_19E_only_application. :( There the frequency rasters for the vertical and horizontal plane are staggered.

But even without this bug a frequeny_range_scan ist not a good method cos you'll need a list of possible symbol rates anyway. Try with an up-to-date transponder list (3590.ini in your case). Then the internal scan should work for both polarisations. You should also try TransEdit. Scanning with this tool is imho the best method :)

Well, I fixed the problem in a different way: I "hacked" the transponder file (i.e. inserted the missing frequencies with the correct symbol rate etc.) because I couldn't find any place to update the transponders from in a hurry (the one that you have in the manual doesn't exist anymore). However it was pretty unfortunate that TransEdit couldn't find anything at all in the DigiTV frequency range and also that I was forced to take out some existing frequencies from the Intelsat 707 transponder list (which doesn't seem to correspont to Intelsat 10-02 listing as I was unable to get any channels unsing its transponder file which states that this satellite is on 1°W) to have the new frequencies within the 43 channel limit.....

Anyway, the problem is fixed now, I found all the missing channels so thanks for the tips....

Edited by CoolKoon