ATI hardware acceleration

Simon82

Hello

What are the filters that better use the acceleration of ATI hardware? It has got motion compensation e IDCT if used to reduce CPU utilization. I've tried with Intervido directshow filter.. it run well and has get excellent video quality but imho it don't recognize well the brand of the gpu so the cpu go down to 9%.. somtimes it grow up to 30%.. down.. up.. :).. surely better than the original Skystar filter...

With Cyberlink tha utilization go always down under 10% but the video quality is very bad..

What can I do?

surely better than the original Skystar filter...

There is no SkyStar filter. The SS2 is bundled with the Mediamatics decoder. This one features hardware acceleration, but you must enable certain registry settings. Just have a look at "DVB - the technique behind". I'm using the Cyberlink decoder and I have no complains about its quality. There is of course a difference between hardware and software mode, though. Hardware mode offers a better quality, so you can see how bad the MPEG2 quality in certain broadcasts really is. It's quite paradox. I've only tried a Radeon SDR 32 and this one has a very bad implementation of de-interlacing in hardware mode. I'm going to try a 7500 soon.

The NVIDIA and sonic decoders offer hardware acceleration, too. The same applies to the Intervideo decoder. In most cases you must alter some registry settings. Most of it has been described here in the forum. Try the search function.

BTW: The Geforce4 MX and the Geforce FX cards feature hardware acceleration, too.

Bye, Oliver

Guest DAvenger
Understood.. but with the R9 I've seen that there's a new filter DVB Source filter.. I can't see anything with it.. why?  :wub:

Because it's very early version and may have some issues :bounce: Also, Christian is quite a newbie when it comes to DirectShow filters :)

Understood.. but with the R9 I've seen that there's a new filter DVB Source filter.. I can't see anything with it.. why?  :(

Because it's very early version and may have some issues :D Also, Christian is quite a newbie when it comes to DirectShow filters :bounce:

Ok.. :P

This program is going to become very cool... yesterday I used for the first time the TimeShift function and I've found it very very very useful and solid.. :wub::)

You seemingly confuse the source-filter with the decoder. The source-filter just delivers the data, the decoder is responsible for the rendering.

The DVBSource-filter is version 0.1. In "news & announcements" there is a pinned thread with further information and how to set it up.

Bye, Oliver

with the R9 I've seen that there's a new filter DVB Source filter.. I can't see anything with it

Did you try a channel scan to update your channel list? The new source filter needs special values (PMT-Pids) which probably are missing.

Additionally you may try a different video decoder in Options/DirectShow Filters. The settings apply to Marfi's filter and the new source filter.

As DAvenger already mentioned... don't expect too much from it. But I'm sure it will be improved in future.

Griga

with the R9 I've seen that there's a new filter DVB Source filter.. I can't see anything with it

Did you try a channel scan to update your channel list? The new source filter needs special values (PMT-Pids) which probably are missing.

Additionally you may try a different video decoder in Options/DirectShow Filters. The settings apply to Marfi's filter and the new source filter.

As DAvenger already mentioned... don't expect too much from it. But I'm sure it will be improved in future.

Griga

I've done the channel scan for Hotbird (is set to this sat) but I couldn't see anything.. and I was using Intervideo filter that normally use with Marfi.. :)