Not really bugs but need improvment upon 2 points

trifon33

Hello,

XP SP2 DVBViewer 3.9.1.0

SAT: TT DVB S2 3200+ TNT with Hauppauge Win TV Nova T Stick

1/ DVB SAT Card connected to OPTION A/B switch with One LNB + Monobloc Astra/Hotbird

This part was cancelled as Switch Option is designed for monobloc connected to the input A.... not B as I did by mistake.

2/ DVB TNT: In bad receiving situation(bad weather, multiple paths in town), sometimes, picture freezes. This is normal excepted DVBViewer is unable to recover normal working state.

Result: XP crashes. One have to shut down, I mean power off, the PC to get it working again.

I believe sending you the report file won't give any valuable inputs to solve both problems above described

Cheers

Edited by trifon33

It does give some information :(

Diseqc is not always working properly. It depends whether diseqc is fully implemented in the DVBViewer for a particular tv-card. BDA doesn't support dieseqc.

I don't have your hardware so I can't tell for certain. But maybe you didn't use the right configuration. You wrote something about combining a single lnb and a monoblock. Please describe it again more precisely.

About TNT.. ..the only remedy seems to be a better antenna.

which driverversion do you use for the tt3200 ?

last one 5.0.0.6

Please forget my first question regarding DiseqC issue when connected to switch OPTION A/B

I was faulty to connect the monobloc by mistake on input B. It has to be connected to input A as there is no DiseqC conversion from position 3/4 to position 1/2.

This device is designed to add one SAT on input B in case of use of Monobloc ASTRA/HOTBIRD. The SAT recption is perfect now.

Nevertherless, I believe the will be somme issue if one DiseqC is connected to that input B. DiseqC latency times are possibly too short for perfest working in that spécial condition. It takes some time for the Switch Option to convert DiseqC 3/4 signal into 1/2.

The main issue I pointed out concerns TNT; DVBViewer crashes from times to times, including XP, espécially in case of bad propagation of wave(bad weather with multiple wave paths for instance).

It look like the driver or DVBViewer is unable to recover normal working in case of serious reception event. There should have been some frames drop only, but not full PC crash.

The receiver is Hauppauge USB Nova T Stick. Driver: hcw25nova-hvr-24198

Upon request, I can test newer driver. I stay at the moment with that one as I had bad expérience with early one"s. Sometime new driver means new issue.

Cheers

Edited by trifon33
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I linked my request to this thread cause what is described is quite like the problem we want to put to your attention.

We bought this powerful software last week and try to improve its configuration in a day to day battle.

In facts a very annoying issue using the software (specially with OSD and remote) is that in various circumstances all related to the tuning of a channel, we lose control over the DVBViewer (apparently) and if we force it to close is very like to hang the entire system (effectively).

It seems that DVBViewer can't recover from a tuning a bad channel for a while: in normal channel list you can simply select a channel you can view for sure and wait a bunch of seconds. From OSD and by remote control you still can move upper or lower to tune a viewable channel, but in this case the mini EPG don't follow your remote operations so, to the user, it seems all freezed with black screen until another viewable channel is tuned.

Excluding the worse freeze cases wich, in our opinion, need more investigation, this isn't a real issue but a bad behaviour of the interface of DVBViewer that gives to the user the feel to lose control over the software with a black screen and without be able to recall and operate the OSD menu.

Anyway we'll appreciate so much if this can be soon solved.

Here is the support file, just in case it can be useful...

support.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I will post a topic including the files, however I can confirm that DVBViewer crashes the system XP when receiving a bad data (like temporarily lost signal from the satellite), especially on H264 channels. Not possible to recover, freezes itself and few seconds later crashes the system. This happened also with the previous version of DVBViewer.

Using the last one driver (5.0.0.12), it seem that the system is more robust to crash.

I have found only one case where XP is crashing : when DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 is directly starting on H.264 channel, the crash sequence is the following :

black screen immmeddiatly at receipt of the H.264 stream,

HDMI connexion lost on my wide secondary display.

then after few seconds the system become totally freezed (mouse; keyboard,...) on my primary display, only reset button can reboot the machine.

The only way to recover DVBViewer working is to disconnect the LNB, then change to an SD channel, then reconnect the LNB (I have an home made 2 dishs commutation box between my 3 receivers)

Using PDVD Ultra Codec and one ATI HD2600XT (latest Catalyst 8.1), HD channel are working well if I start before DVBViewer on SD channel.

Edited by Dadag