Recording BBCHD with 5.1

dragonslayer2

Hello

I have a Technotrend TT Connect s2-3650 and also the 3600.Even after almost a year I still cannot record BBCHD with 5.1 (ac-3).

I have used the Technotrend media,DVBViewer and dvb player (from dvb shop).All provide ac-3 from BBCHD when watching the live stream but when I record and then play-back it is always 2 channel sound.I can record sky , sat1 and pro7 with ac-3 but as yet no luck with BBCHD.

I have Cyberlink Powerdvd 7.

Any ideas anybody

Pete.

Hello

I have a Technotrend TT Connect s2-3650 and also the 3600.Even after almost a year I still cannot record BBCHD with 5.1 (ac-3).

I have used the Technotrend media,DVBViewer and dvb player (from dvb shop).All provide ac-3 from BBCHD when watching the live stream but when I record and then play-back it is always 2 channel sound.I can record sky , sat1 and pro7 with ac-3 but as yet no luck with BBCHD.

I have Cyberlink Powerdvd 7.

Any ideas anybody

Pete.

Ok , no response.

Has anybody recorded BBCHD with AC-3 (5.1) on their Computer and if so with what set-up ?

There must be somebody on this forum who has achieved this or are we all waiting as i am for the Humax iCord ?

Thanks

Pete.

Forum Rules

§ 4

Do not post the same topic in multiple forums. If you are unsure of which forum a thread should go under, just state that in your post, and a moderator will move the thread to the correct forum. Multiple posts are unnecessary and will be deleted. It is also not allowed to post the same question multiple times in multiple threads in the same forum.

Has anybody recorded BBCHD with AC-3 (5.1) on their Computer and if so with what set-up ?

Works with DVBViewer Pro 3.9.2, recording as TS and playback. No special set-up. Tune BBC HD, select Settings -> Audio -> AC3 track (if not selected yet), start recording.

Works with DVBViewer Pro 3.9.2, recording as TS and playback. No special set-up. Tune BBC HD, select Settings -> Audio -> AC3 track (if not selected yet), start recording.

Thanks Griga.

I have installed DVBViewer 3.9.2.0. Unfortunately there is no change with the recording.

I go to BBCHD then ac-3 all is ok ,picture is hd and via spdif to AV Amp I have ac-3 dolby digital sound,no problem.

I record and then stop record,go to documents/videos, I can play video (via Cyberlink Power DVD7) hd picture ok,sound still mpeg2 (2 channel).

If I change recording setting to audio (*.mp2) I can record the ac-3 dolby digital sound but of coarse this is with no video.

Any ideas ?

Thanks once again,

Pete.

If you don't know how to make a proper recording with a particular audio track, check "all audio channels" in options -> recorder <_<

Thanks Derrick

In Recording Options , "all audio channels" is ticked , without it I get no video replay using Cyberlink.

Peter.

In Recording Options , "all audio channels" is ticked , without it I get no video replay using Cyberlink.

It seems PowerDVD can't handle TS recording properly - most likely due to the Cyberlink demultiplexer. I've tested it in GraphEdit, and it doesn't do a good job.

Use a better software for TS playback, e.g. DVBViewer <_<

It seems PowerDVD can't handle TS recording properly - most likely due to the Cyberlink demultiplexer. I've tested it in GraphEdit, and it doesn't do a good job.

Use a better software for TS playback, e.g. DVBViewer <_<

Thanks once again Griga.

PowerDVD7 will play recordings from pro7 with ac-3,sat-1 with ac-3 and I have a lot of Sky hd recordings with ac-3 but as yet with over 1.5 terabite of BBCHD recordings,none of them have ac-3.

For better software do you mean TS player from DVB or is there a Ts Player in latest DVBViewer Software ?

Thanks

Peter.

Hi once again

Anyone using or has used BBCHD fixer.

I have tried this but as yet no result.

Has anybody been able to make a recording of BBCHD with ac-3 ?

Pete.

DVBViewer has always been a TS Player. I've recorded BBC HD with all audio tracks / with AC3 only, and DVBViewer Pro played it happily.

However, there is a problem that may occur particularly with HD recordings. Its name is "limited search depth". Players (resp. the used demultiplexer) may not find an audio stream due to a huge amount of video data at the beginning of the file. The first AC3 data packet may get out of sight.

That's why we offer a dedicated TSPlayer in the members area, that allows to adjust the search depth.

Hi All

Loaded Ts PLayer.Plays all recordings in my Video file but as yet no BBCHD with ac-3 or significantly no Ac-3 from sky hd recordings that work with Cyberlink power dvd 7 (HD picture + ac-3 5.1 Sound).Changed settings in TS Player to try and get ac-3 from sky hd recordings , as yet no luck.

Tried drag and drop recordings to HD Fixer but that does not work.

I have ordered the Humax iCord and hopefully will receive it mid -February so that will end this fruitless persuit of BBCHD with ac-3.

Pete.

AT LAST SUCCESS

Downloaded Technotrend TT-Media 1.0.7.9 ,all works and is very stable.

Can now record BBCHD with ac-3 (5.1) along with better access (with D----n Cam) to S--HD also with ac-3.

Happy as happy can be.

Thanks for the help

Pete.