DVBServer Bug or Feature?

Curlo

Hi,

Everyone who has TT3200 (maybe other cards too) and uses diseqc 1.2 motors know that we have to use retune setting (1-->inf seconds) for channels to show after diseqc motor has operated.

BUT,

It won't work with SERVER and unicast clients. So all clients who change channels between satellites have 2 options (restart DVBViewer client/change to another transponder on the new satellite) after motor operation because retune won't retune. Someone told that longer retune times (over 10 seconds) work, but they don't. Actually I don't see nothing different in operation when I set up retune times with unicast clients/server, or any other settings which I have tried for hours.

I quess someone who develops this great program, could answer for this question. It would be nice if in future there would be automatic retune operation for diseqc 1.2.

Ps. USALS/diseqc 1.2 is working now with latest 5.x technotrend drivers and DVBViewer 3.9.1.

I have tried retune on both.

These are problems:

1. Same Channel test: I noticed that when i have retune on client it reconnects to server in that time if connection is dropped (tested that with stopping/starting server when client is on, same channel all the time), but after reconnect server shows 0 Mb/s stream to client and client shows black screen >> solution is to rebuild graph.

2. Turning the motor test: Retune on client won't do nothing it keeps connection to server 100% all the time during motor operation but no video. Neither does retune on server. I have to change transponder or restart client to get picture. Rebuild graph won't work.

3. Turning the motor twice test: For example I watch astra 19' and turn to astra 28'. Astra 28' shows nothing until I restart/change transponder, but if I turn back to where i came from (astra 19') picture comes up.

4. Motor operates fine everytime throught LAN, this is positive.

5. Operation on server machine with local DVBViewer if perfect with retune time from 1,2,.... seconds

Actually I think all the problems would be gone, if there would be some deeper level solution by modifying the program code than tricky retune setting, or is it impossible idea. Maybe something in future versions?

IMHO it has nothing to do with diseqc 1.2. When the motor is running, there is no incoming signal. When I interrupted the incoming signal for a short time by other means, the client didn't restart, no matter what retune parameters were chosen, either on the server or the client. Only tuning to another channel and then coming back or a rebuid graph restarted the program.

So there is nothing I can do now, just have to wish that more smooth operation would come with future versions of DVBViewer.

Could there be something to be developed with how DVBViewer reacts when signal is interrupted?

Edited by Curlo

Well he does try to retune if selected in the hardware options. I don't know how the different drivers react, if they get a retuning signal while they are processing diseqc stuff.

I don't see any way to handle it different than it's done now.

It does work. I simulated it by simply removing the antennas from my dvb-t stick and plugged them back in 30 secs later, the server did retune without a problem...

Well then it must be something with spesific with TT3200, because I haven't found any retune setting to get server automatically refresh the picture for clients after motor turn. I use server on 32bit vista, I have tried retune on client, server, client+server and with different time values.

Everything works fine with local DVBViewer on server machine, but not through server and unicast.

Apparently the problem is hardware/driver related. With a pinnacle_dvb-s2_usb2 retune doesn't help. On the other hand, a SS2 with wdm-driver continues even without retune. Maybe a combined retune/rebuild graph could be a solution..

OK, Now I got it working! I upgraded to version 3.9.2 and downgraded technotrend beta-dll to non-beta (not sure however did the dll have any meaning in this solution, or at least before 3.9.2 there was no difference between dll's). Now it works! There is 0 seconds retune on client and 3 seconds on server. Driver for s2-3200 is naturally the latest from technotrend. I have been trying to get this working for months, so obviously something with these changes made the point! Thanks for you support.