crashes

buttonsNI.

hello

can someone who knows how to analize the support tool zip file ,please have a look at mine.

i have had a few problems with crashes app flickering and having to close the app down due to problems

if someone else has vista x64 ultimate and tt s2 3200 plus dia.lo cam installed and are having same problems .please let me know

<entry name="Videocodec">Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder</entry>

Oh my, using MS stuff for such things only leads to desaster.

Please go to options -> directX and select the arcvideo for video, audio, ac3 codecs. it works better than the other stuff...

Oh my, using MS stuff for such things only leads to desaster.

Please go to options -> directX and select the arcvideo for video, audio, ac3 codecs. it works better than the other stuff...

lars i have done as you suggested but i believe my problems come from the cam and switching to and from encripted channels and free to view channels.

have you ever used a dia.lo cam ?

i know there is a lag switching channels because it has to update its keys but switching to and from the free to air and encripted has become a painfull prcess of rebuilding graphs .closing graphs and reswitching channel..and then sometimes restarting the app.

do any of the DVBViewer developers test this cam?

TT driver/S2-3200 combination is IMHO not very stable when it comes to Diablo support.

hows it going cinch

but why does TT make a differance in compatability between the cams .and do you think this is something that will change in the future drivers.

did you ever try the diablo cam yourself cinch.

My feeling is that the Diablo's or their firmware do not fully comply to the standard or handle the stream differently. You can always read within changelogs of different DVB card drivers/firmware that Diablo support has explicitly been added (e.g. Digital Everywhere). So support does not seem to be trivial.

My problem with the DiabloCam is that with about 50% of the channel changes the stream arriving at the application (or DVB Source filter) seems to be invalid or even missing (so no audio and video). This also happens with FTA channels as the stream is always routed through the CAM if available.

Interesting part is that this only happens with the S2-3200 but not with the S-1500 (both with SAA7146 PCI bridge). So I thought it may be an electrical problem and routed the 5V line from the PSU directly to the CI. However it did not help.

I do not know whether TT will take care of this problem as the DiabloCam is mostly not known to be used in a legal way.

Edited by CiNcH
My feeling is that the Diablo's or their firmware do not fully comply to the standard or handle the stream differently. You can always read within changelogs of different DVB card drivers/firmware that Diablo support has explicitly been added (e.g. Digital Everywhere). So support does not seem to be trivial.

My problem with the DiabloCam is that with about 50% of the channel changes the stream arriving at the application (or DVB Source filter) seems to be invalid or even missing (so no audio and video). This also happens with FTA channels as the stream is always routed through the CAM if available.

Interesting part is that this only happens with the S2-3200 but not with the S-1500 (both with SAA7146 PCI bridge). So I thought it may be an electrical problem and routed the 5V line from the PSU directly to the CI. However it did not help.

I do not know whether TT will take care of this problem as the DiabloCam is mostly not known to be used in a legal way.

no i dont think TT will sort this one out..i spoke to them about this ,and they said that because the cam is illegal that they are not permitted even to test the cam.

no i dont think TT will sort this one out..i spoke to them about this ,and they said that because the cam is illegal that they are not permitted even to test the cam.

We'll see ;) .

.ok cinch i hope maybe you will have better persuasive tactics than me.

the diablo cam really does effect every aspect of the workings off DVBViewer .its a pity

because the software is so good

good luck

• 10 months later...
.ok cinch i hope maybe you will have better persuasive tactics than me.

the diablo cam really does effect every aspect of the workings off DVBViewer .its a pity

because the software is so good

good luck

Any news on this? I've just got a diablo cam for my htpc and it crashes like mad..

I'm pretty gutted wanted to use it for sky(sub paid) and possibly digitalB hd(going to pay!)

However i can't seem to keep the machine running more than 30 mins with the cam in!

Recordings or changing channel to one the cam can't read creates absolute meltdown...

Freeze crash Blue Screen Of Death etc..etc...

BSOD and CAM/CI problems are only driver related. The DVBViewer doesn't care which CAM is in, it only talks to the driver of the dvb card.

I would like to try new drivers however even having used the clear devices exe from technisat i get No Hardware found in DVBViewer???

After installing new drivers you should delete the devices in the hardware options of the DVBViewer and then start a manual search. You did install the BDA drivers?

I did this a few months ago now and ended up just reverting back to original cd drivers otherwise i could not get DVBV to recognize my card - SSHD2.

I haven't had the time nor the inclination to try again since to be honest as it is a night mare trying to get Vista to install the drivers you want to use and not the ones IT thinks you should!

Ok so i decided to try upgrading drivers again - the skystar showed as mantis bda before, now shows as technisat mantis.

I deleted the device in hardware re-scanned it shows up again and i choose it as prefered option, when i exit into DVBViewer i get no hardware found.

Is there something i'm missing? I can't post a support tool as the wife is watching recorded programs!!

I will do when i can.

By the way i tried the clear devices.bat from technisat just to try see if that sorted the problem - but it doesn't.