new outer node in channelmapping list: device

pastimer

To enhance concurrent use, i have redundant positions for popular channels. Because Canal-Digitaal is popular and uses three transponders, without this users can get in eachothers way easily.

In the current situation the position (astra1) is the most outer node of the list. Now that i have two lnb's targeted at astra1 through different devices, all the channels in the list occur two times and this makes the list less usable.

I think it would be better that the channelmappings would be organised a follows:

device

---position-diseqc

------provider

---------channel

Concatenating the diseqc to the position caters for the situation that a dual-lnb is attached via a diseqc switch to one device. This would otherwise still lead to double entries on the channel level. With the concatenation of the diseqc position you get Astra1-A and Astra1-B in case of a simple switch.

I'm sure most of the goeroes will find it a stupid idea again but I still like to know why, so let's hear it. ;)

Eppo

Edited by pastimer