Hi

My Setup:

ATI Radion 1250 Video Card outputs at 1080p

DVBViewer 3.9.2

Core H264 codec

Technotrend 3650CI

Trex CAM (predator 364)

Vista Premium 2GB, athlon 5600

I'm having LOTS of problems with juddering during camera pans and movement on HD channels - such as BBC HD. I've tried virtually every permutation and combination of settings to no avail. I'm pretty new to all of this so I may be missing something obvious but there does seem to be a lot of discussion regarding juddering without any real solution.

Note: HD videos work perfectly when downloaded and viewed from the PC locally.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please before I crack and put this newly purchased kit on ebay!! :-)

Thanks in advance.

Hi

My Setup:

DVBViewer 3.9.2

Core H264 codec

Technotrend 3650CI

Trex CAM (predator 364)

I'm having LOTS of problems with juddering during camera pans and movement on HD channels - such as BBC HD. I've tried virtually every permutation and combination of settings to no avail. I'm pretty new to all of this so I may be missing something obvious but there does seem to be a lot of discussion regarding juddering without any real solution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please before I crack and put this newly purchased kit on ebay!! :-)

Thanks in advance.

OK after some more trawling I have found that by selecting the option in DVBViewer to force the software to run on a single core dramatically improves the panning and movement judder problem. However, now I have regular drop-outs and a serious lip sync issue....

Am I right in saying that cyberlink powerdvd might be better in conjunction with a more powerful graphics card as the powerdvd h.264 codec can take advantage of the hardware acceleration of the graphics card (whereas Core AVC is purely CPU based)?

Hi

My Setup:

DVBViewer 3.9.2

Core H264 codec

Technotrend 3650CI

Trex CAM (predator 364)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Managerxxx,

The way I had been treating this problem, until a proper solution comes out, was increasing the latency and other DvBSource parameters. At the moment I set them from 350 to 1600 - 500 to 800 - 200 to 400 and it was ok for me.

Find it in View>Filters>DvBSource

Another solution involves the use of Vista Enhanced Video Render instead of Overly Mixer, VMR9...etc, but take care about

some noise and "chopping-like" effects in the picture plus a lack of zoom control. Find it in Settings>Options>DirectX

Cheers from Spain

Try playing with them to see what happens, and tell about

Edited by mabruk
Hi Managerxxx,

The way I had been treating this problem, until a proper solution comes out, was increasing the latency and other DvBSource parameters. At the moment I set them from 350 to 1600 - 500 to 800 - 200 to 400 and it was ok for me.

Find it in View>Filters>DvBSource

Another solution involves the use of Vista Enhanced Video Render instead of Overly Mixer, VMR9...etc, but take care about

some noise and "chopping-like" effects in the picture plus a lack of zoom control. Find it in Settings>Options>DirectX

Cheers from Spain

Try playing with them to see what happens, and tell about

I gave in and borrowed a graphics card (nvidia 7950) and have switched to the H264 codec from cyberlink which takes advantage of the GPU on the graphics card. It's much better now and unsurprisingly the CPU utilisation has dropped by 25% approx. (I'm also now able to use the Vista Enhanced Video renderer which was not possible with the onboard graphics). Will also have a look at the filter settings that you posted.

Thanks for your advice...